Assistant Store Manager of Merchandising - Old Navy- Akron Job Listing at Gap Inc. in AKRON, OH
Title: Assistant Store Manager of Merchandising - Old Navy- Akron
At Old Navy We Make Value Cool.
From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people. It could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 and we've been on a tear ever since. We were the fastest retailer to reach $1 billion in sales within four years and today we're one of the largest apparel brands in the world, operating more than 1000 stores across the US, Canada, Puerto Rico & Japan. Over 350 million (that's not a typo) customers cross our doors each year.
The Assistant Store Manager of Merchandising oversees all aspects of the merchandise and visual presentation of the Old Navy store. The ASM of Merchandising should exercise independent judgment and discretion to drive sales through merchandise and visual presentation. Their primary responsibility is to manage, train, coach, supervise, and direct staff to ensure consistent application of company-defined best practices. They execute merchandise and visual presentation standards to maximize sales and profitability through a compelling merchandise statement, and to enable a positive customer experience. The ASM of Merchandising works through merchandising department owners (managers, specialists, associates) to achieve the above desired results and develop their team. They own performance management and growth/retaining talent among direct reports and associates. The ASM collaborates with the Store Manager and managers of Operations and Service/Training to achieve overall sales and financial budgets. The ASM plans and communicates to set up the store team to achieve goals and deliver a balanced experience that consistently represents brand standards.
* Drives sales and manages execution of merchandise placement through effective planning, prioritizing, communication and follow up.
* Accountable for all planning, mapping and execution of merchandise and fixture placement
* Ensures key programs are protected and presentation is appropriate for the brand.
* Partners with Store Manager to build on business opportunities that drive the top programs and big ideas per the Book.
* Formulates strategies for future presentations to support key business initiatives or Big Ideas
* Leads merchandising team to identify and execute flexing decisions that maximize business opportunities while aligning with presentation guidelines
* Leads and manages the visual communication process for the Book
* Actively participates in store walks with SM, DM, and RVM to ensure the consistency and quality of merchandising and visual execution
* Fully understands the Financial Statement and all reports that relate to product placement and visual execution
* Sets, monitors, follows up on productivity goals and objectives for the store team to maximize sales and profitability.
* Partner with Store Manager in scheduling seasonal flow and weekly merchandising workload
* Ensures execution of shipment according to the company best practices
* Ensures that the merchandise department owners and store leaders understand how to identify and execute replenishment priorities during their shifts
* Partners with Operations leader(s) to ensure execution of markdowns/signage/marketing aligns with merchandising and visual execution to maximize company promotional strategies and events
* Maintain ongoing inventory of all fixtures and visual elements for the location
* Operates proactively, but is able to course correct when necessary
* Performs additional managerial duties as necessary
* Performs Leader on Duty responsibilities
* Opens and closes the store in accordance with company standards
* Monitors payroll when opening store, and adjusts schedule accordingly
* Monitors, maintains and follows company policies and procedures
* Ensures leaders and associates utilize recovery statements to minimize external loss
* Executes all activities related to Risk Management & Safety
* Ensure store meets Store Compliance Audit requirements
* Ensure store is compliant with daily cleaning according to the best practices
* Responsible for the merchandising and visual presentation of the entire store by utilizing the Book including all mannequins and visual displays
* Lead the store set process to determine appropriate presentations based on store layout, assortment level and customer profile
* Ensure all body forms, visual displays, end panels, interior walls and window presentations tell a compelling story reaching target customer and are executed/detailed to company standards
* Ensures that leaders are trained to maintain visual presentation and brand standards to provide the best customer experience.
* Ensures that the actions and activities of the team support Old Navy's service standards
* Ensures a clean hazard-free shopping and working environment through daily cleaning activities
* Ensure Ready All Day standards are to company expectation
* Accurately assesses performance of direct reports providing appropriate level of feedback
* Writes and delivers quarterly check-ins, Individual Development Objectives and annual performance reviews for team
* Assembles and develops high-performing teams
* Addresses poor performance. Initiates, administers, and follows up on corrective action.
* Develop team to execute company programs and processes by prioritizing, simplifying and following up to achieve desired results
* Develops direct reports by delegating appropriate tasks and responsibilities
* Invests time in people development through accurate skill assessments and utilizes company tools such as Performance Planning & Assessment Form and Individual Development Objectives to nurture growth for team as well as for self
* Provides motivation and recognition to the team
* Demonstrates and acts in accordance with Gap Inc. Purpose, Values and Behaviors
* Demonstrates visual presentation skills, with attention to detail
* Demonstrates business acumen
* Demonstrates time management and organizational skills
* Demonstrates proficiency in training, sales generation and leadership
* Knowledgeable of apparel trends of key competitors and needs of customers
* Demonstrates ability to manage complex and competing priorities
* Demonstrates ability to accurately assess teams and situations and create actionable development and improvement plans
* Demonstrates ability to coach, provide feedback, and manage substandard performance.
* Must be creative with an ability to embrace and lead change
* Demonstrates Customer Experience skills
* Excellent communication, presentation, delegation, follow-up and leadership skills
* Demonstrates conflict management and resolution skills
* Demonstrates computer proficiency
* BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience preferred
* Ability to effectively communicate with customers and store personnel
* Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs
* Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Retail jobs in Akron, OH
View similar jobs:
Chobani Merchandiser Retail Rep - Full Time
CROSSMARK - Akron, OH
Merchandiser-Retail Representative - Full Time
CROSSMARK - Medina, OH
Merchandiser-Retail Representative - Part Time
CROSSMARK - Youngstown, OH
Locate this job: