Data Visualization Engineer Job Listing at Gap Inc. in SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Title: Data Visualization Engineer
Location: US-CA-SAN FRANCISCO
Gap Inc, seeks a Data Visualization Engineer to merge data analysis and graphic design to produce clear, accurate, and compelling visual representations of files of computer data.
Your primary duties and responsibilities:
• Analyzes data and industry concepts to transform them into clear, accurate, and compelling visual/graphical representations. Creates visual order to disparate concepts or amorphous data sets to emphasize key messages/takeaways.
• Read Visually, Information Is Beautiful, Flowing Data or other blogs frequently
• Conceptualizes, develops, and designs graphic solutions. Presents graphic solutions to key stake holders. Applies logic and research to design decisions.
• Applies a comprehensive approach to design that encompasses different delivery mediums to include: print, presentations, web, interactive, video, etc. Learns new technology quickly to stay current with changing delivery methods. Researches and suggests new technological solutions.
• Works with company executives, subject matter experts (SMEs), marketing, and writers to identify the best opportunities to visually depict research data.
• Self directed talent; creative expression and exploration of the possible ways to convey meaning with existing data sets.
• Demonstrates professionalism. Uses polished negotiation skills to achieve win/win outcomes. Uses influence artfully to "sell" ideas.
• Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate degree (BS, BA).
• Minimum of two years general business experience with information graphic design and data visualization design.
• Passion for transforming data and research into compelling visual stories.
• Comfort with manipulating data and information.
• Experience with quantitative analysis software and concepts.
• Ability to learn and interpret financial and investment concepts.
• Demonstrated expertise in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash; Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
• Demonstrated expertise in graphic design practices and concepts (color, typography, design principals)
• HTML, XML, HTML5, ActionScript, DreamWeaver a plus
• Must exhibit flexibility in all aspects of the work environment.
• Ability to take art direction and actively seek feedback.
• Strong organizational and project management skills. Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple projects.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Willingness to work in a collaborative team environment as well as the ability to work independently.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor with all levels.
• A portfolio that demonstrates conceptual thinking and the ability to deliver unique, creative, and aesthetic solutions.
• Extended hours may be required to meet stringent deadlines.
Please include portfolio or links in application.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in San Francisco, CA
View similar jobs:
Sr Specialist Tech Project Mgmt
AT&T - San Francisco, CA
Sr Mobility Technical Consultant
AT&T - San Francisco, CA
Chevron Corporation - Richmond, CA
Locate this job: