DC - Operations Manager Job Listing at Gap Inc. in FRESNO, CA (Job ID gap-025HG&lang=en)
Title: DC - Operations Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY: Manages or more processing manages overall performance of shift(s), and interfacing with brand and store business partners. Prepares reports and operating budgets and ensures that areas are meeting or exceeding production objectives. Exercises independent discretion and judgment in the execution of business strategies by providing leadership & direction to the team. This position manages Supervisor positions and reports to the Facility Director. This position requires coaching, leadership and people development skills. Responsible for developing business plans and creating tracking strategies. Uses independent judgment to ensure departments stay within financial budget. This position may require working any department and/or shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Demonstrates business leadership throughout the organization by using independent discretion to create and achieve short and long-term strategic and tactical plans for the Distribution Center guided by broad policies, objectives and standards.
· Owns & develops plans for promoting team collaboration and accountability for meeting performance objectives , while building, motivating and leading cross-functional teams across the organization to achieve the objectives of the company.
· Uses independent judgment to build & promote free flow of information and communication throughout the organization that will encourage change while maintaining operative effectiveness & success.
· Adapts communication techniques for audiences at multiple internal/external levels & uses these techniques to decide the appropriate approach while interacting others at different venues. Drives employee engagement through floor presence.
· Ensures that direct reports have the support needed to effectively manage their departments and direct reports.
· Manages & motivates assigned direct reports & facility personnel to accomplish established goals.
· Contributes to policy/program development through consistent administration and execution of policies/guidelines that directly affect work activities.
· Establish, plan, and implement the necessary employee engagement programs required to foster a culture of teamwork and continuous performances improvement, which impacts all aspects of functional and business results.
· Sets direction for the facility while anticipating operational issues and develops preventative measures by analyzing quantitative, qualitative and trend data and makes decisions based on this data that will positively impact productivity.
· Manages relationships with business partners throughout network (to include other Operations Managers, Facility Directors, Campus Leaders, Brand Directors, and store business partners) to integrate and align efforts across the DCs and functions
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS:Listens actively and encourages an open expression of ideas and opinions which leads to an overall consensus using diversity of opinion when making decisions. Must be able to communicate effectively and respond to the needs and questions of direct reports and business partners in a timely manner. Must effectively partner with their Operational Leadership and/or Support functions on related issues, concerns and initiatives.
· Knowledge of distribution operating systems, to include KRONOS, DLx, and WMS
· Strong leadership and motivational skills, with the ability to manage for results.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to analyze EOS results and lead action plans to resolve issues.
· Ability to manage employee conflict and successful resolution.
· Ability to assess talent and build development plans
· Demonstrated ability to coach and develop team members
· Strong analytical skills, including ability to review data/processes & independently determine/implement solution
· Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
· Strong ability to multi-task.
· Ability to proactively plan and organize work to accomplish goals
· Strong time management skills.
· Fully functional professional knowledge in all relevant areas: organizational culture, standards and business goals; people and project management skills; competitor/industry practices within subject area
* Knowledge and experience using various computer systems, to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
· Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience required.
· Preferred 7-10 years line supervision.
· Experience with development and use of variable budgets; familiar with basic accounting principles.
· Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, reach, grasp, bend and stack cartons as needed.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Fresno, CA
View similar jobs:
Quality Asurance Assistant
OfficeTeam - Goshen, CA
Phenomenal Human Resources Manager
OfficeTeam - FRESNO, CA
PROJECT MANAGER - CAPTIAL ENGINEERING
The Judge Group - CA
Locate this job: