Human Resources Generalist Job Listing at Gap Inc. in FISHKILL, NY
Title: Human Resources Generalist
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for managing all Human Resources matters to ensure all employees are treated fairly, provided with competitive wages, benefits and sound working conditions; Also, responsible for maintaining strong communication links between managers and employees; and providing an attractive, challenging, and fun environment in which to work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
GENERALIST DUTIES (70%)
* Interact daily with management and employees to insure an open line of communication is maintained in order to identify and address any issues, needs, and/or concerns as they arise.
* Coach and facilitate management towards the resolution of employee/management issues.
* Assist with recruitment and interviewing both non-exempt and exempt employees.
* Conduct all investigations regarding discrimination, sexual harassment, and employee disputes.
* Assist in the development and administration of the DC Recognition Program.
* Identify and address diversity issues.
* Conduct exit interviews and attend unemployment hearings.
HR SPECIALIST (30%)
* Formulate business strategies with respect to maintaining a diverse workforce, low turnover, and respect among all levels within the organization.
* Evaluate and conduct salary and benefit programs to ensure we are providing a comprehensive and competitive compensation package.
* Provide guidance and assistance to all employees relative to their benefits and payroll.
* Advise on employment law. Providing guidance and interpretation of current employment law.
* Develop and facilitate training on Sexual Harassment and Discrimination.
* Draft, develop, create and administer the DC policies (Discrimination, sexual harassment, attendance, corrective action plans).
* Keep abreast of trends and changes is employment legislation.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: Develop and maintain open lines of communication with Corporate and other distribution centers in order to share ideas, and develop solutions to existing programs, policies and procedures. Interface with government agencies, educational institutions, and Human Resources Organizations for the purpose of keeping abreast of new legislation, changes in the Human Resources field as well as to establishing a network within the HR community.
All other duties as assigned.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
* Must possess a sound knowledge of management-labor relations, employment law, practices and procedures within Human Resources Management.
* MS Office skills
* Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to make sound independent decisions
* Must possess leadership skills (initiative, self-starter, influential, and drive)
* Strong analytical/problem solving skills
* Effective organizational skills
* Comfortable with conducting presentations
* ***Bilingual Spanish/English STRONGLY preferred
2) Minimum educational level:
* BA/BS, preferably in Human Resources or related field
3) Minimum experience:
* 4 - 6 years Human Resources experience
* Distribution experience preferred
4) Physical Requirements:
* Ability to travel periodically as needed for training, conferences, and recruitment
* Able to stand, walk, and speak effectively
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Human Resources jobs in Ramapo, NY
View similar jobs:
OfficeTeam - Paramus, NJ
Human Resources Generalist
Fisher Scientific - Bridgewater, NJ
Aflac Human Resources Internship
AFLAC - Elmsford, NY
Locate this job: