Lead Dev Ops Engineer - Enterprise Management Job Listing at Gap Inc. in SAN FRANCISCO, CA (Job ID gap-02492&lang=en)
Title: Lead Dev Ops Engineer - Enterprise Management
Location: US-CA-SAN FRANCISCO
Are you interested to automate yourself out of a job? Does the concept of ephemeral compute instances sound totally normal? Do keywords like devops, private cloud, chef, puppet, etc trigger automated alerts on your job scrapes? Are you interested to steer a $15 billion ship into modernity with data-driven decision making, collectd graphite/whisper, nagios metrics collection & monitoring?
If so, keep reading.
To start with, you'll work on a small agile team, building out a brand new automation and configuration management implementation (probably chef), an open source monitoring framework in a brand new datacenter. From there, we'll tackle replatforming a mix of older enterprise applications and newly developed tomcat-based apps with a mind towards continuous deployment (or at least continuous delivery). There will be a mix of open source and Enterprise tools available to us as we develop and deploy a toolset for lifecycle management of servers and services. We'll attempt automated testing of our own tools and of those that we monitor. Pride of ownership, quality, as well as the very-real need to collaborate with others are key traits of a successful candidate for this role. This is not an on-call, pager-dury or all-hours position, though very occasional escalations may be expected.
Development chops are a definite plus; in addition to working with development teams to advocate for our monitoring API, we'll work on data visualization for dashboarding data, and need to write nagios scripts/plugins to tie it all together. This position is for a lead technical role in the deploying business applications by designing, automating and deploying applications from bare metal to running application container on deployed infrastructure.
* Systems engineers should have a strong background in configuration management enabling standard configurations for systems, network, and storage components.
* This is a hands-on role working collaboratively with development and operations to enable quick builds in parallel project driven Agile development environment.
* Deep focus and breathe of open source knowledge is required.
* Participates in a team responsible for the design, implementation, and automate deployments of systems, network, and storage hardware and software within Gap Inc.
* Expected to deliver innovation through automation to enable standard deployable units of infrastructure through multiple environments into production
* Point of contact for projects responsible to identify, design and deliver project infrastructure needs
* Partners with Project Managers, Technical Architects, Technical Managers, DBAs, Developers, QA, Operations to ensure infrastructure deliverables has been deployed, validated and operational guidelines and documentation has been handed over.
* Willing to assume any role within infrastructure or in the assigned project to drive delivery of the project within the standards set in infrastructure
* Influence others through presentations to the architecture group to drive initiatives and technical project designs
* Maintains a high degree of professionalism and mentorship as cross-training, knowledge sharing, and presentations are required
* Can organize, assemble and lead teams from multiple IT groups, and in some instances, may supervise daily work activities of assigned team(s)
* Focus on security best practices to ensure currency of our systems providing solutions and assistance in security and compliance activities.
* 5-7 years of Unix/Linux experience
* Experience in managing system configurations with tools like Puppet, Chef or Cfengine
* Strong knowledge of Cisco IOS, Firewalls, load balancers
* Strong knowledge Java / Tomcat and Apache
* Solid experience In-depth Ruby, Ant expertise
* Solid experience with storage networks and NAS/SAN hardware
* Experience with VMware, KVM, XEN
* Experience with AIX VIO LPAR a plus
* Experience with open source monitoring tool chains such as Nagios, Cacti, MRTG, SNMP, collectd, rrd,
* Familiarity with some or all of the following: Apache, tomcat, mysql, memcached, Oracle and database clustering, etc.
* Excellent team player, including the ability to work cross functionally in a fast paced environment
* Demonstrated initiative, flexibility and ability to concurrently manage multiple deadline-driven tasks and projects; self-starter
* Experience working in an agile development environment
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in San Francisco, CA
View similar jobs:
Strategy Consultant 2
Wells Fargo - San Francisco, CA
Americas Sales Strategy and Operations Manager, Services and Distribution Sector
Google - San Francisco, CA
Global Video Strategy and Planning Analyst
Google - San Bruno, CA
Locate this job: