Market Visual Manager - Athleta - Washington DC, New York, Boston Job Listing at Gap Inc. in WASHINGTON, DC
Title: Market Visual Manager - Athleta - Washington DC, New York, Boston
The Market Visual Manager manages brand execution within all stores in an assigned market. The MVM exercises independent judgment and discretion in developing strategies to uphold the visual merchandise standards in their market. Their responsibility is to act as a resource, trainer and communicator of information to manage brand consistency. The MVM is responsible for facilitating training sessions and development of Field Leaders who perform merchandise presentation functions in their markets. The MVM is responsible for communicating global messages regarding brand merchandising strategies and initiatives in assigned market. The MVM takes accountability for product and presentation direction; identifies needs, develops plans and follows up to ensure completion. They serve as a partner to the Market Director to help identify opportunities and ensure that the stores are effectively running their businesses by observing stores and giving feedback to Market Director/GM in the areas of customer service, operations and people development in addition to store presentation. The Market Visual Manager reports directly to the Senior Field Visual Manager with a dotted line relationship to the Market Director.
* Ensure brand and merchandise presentation consistency is upheld in the market.
* Provide clarification and direction to the market regarding visual in-store experience, product assortments and Brand initiatives.
* Collect feedback and offer future recommendations regarding product assortments, in-store experience/visual presentation, and marketing initiatives.
* Reinforce Brand directives and the use of best practices consistently throughout the market by providing feedback to the GMs and Store Leaders.
* Partners with HQ Inventory Planning and Merchandising teams regarding product assortments and inventory positions.
* Demonstrates a strong working relationship with the GMs and demonstrates the ability to challenge at this level to influence key product and visual decisions in stores.
* Participates in store visits focusing on presentation standards and identifying business opportunities.
* Provides 'in the moment' coaching, training and feedback and actively participates in the growth and career path of identified Field talent.
* Resolves store-specific merchandising challenges that require adaptations based on store architecture, inventory and business trends, in line with the seasonal strategies and direction and works 'hands on' with stores.
* Manage budgets to ensure effective use of company resources.
* Partner with Supervisor and Market Director on business growth opportunities in order to develop market strategies.
* Identify specific market issues and develop solutions that have the potential to impact earnings using brand filters to drive sales and margin.
* Provide support and specialist insight to Supervisor and Market Director in order to maximize business profitability.
* In partnership with Supervisor, and Market Director communicate the global Brand message.
* Reinforce how company goals and objectives relate to product and merchandise presentation.
* Leads all new store openings and remodels within market.
* Facilitate seasonal presentation workshops, meetings and conference calls within their market.
* Ensure that the Market Director, GM and Store Leaders understand merchandising strategies and the key messages of each flow.
* Build constructive, effective relationships throughout the Field and HQ Business Partners to align support for merchandise presentation and Brand initiatives.
* Communicate with Supervisor, Head of Stores, Market Director, HQ Visual Director, and Market Visual Managers to share creative ideas and best practices globally.
* Deliver seasonal hindsight relating to product/presentation through field visual process.
* Facilitate merchandising training to Field Leaders.
* Identify and develop training opportunities to address merchandise presentation skills gaps within the Field.
* Manage and ensure consistent training and development in the Field in order to increase Bench Strength for the Field organization.
* Provide stakeholder feedback in order to make performance succession recommendations within the Field organization.
* Minimum four years retail visual management experience in a multi store capacity
* Ability to understand and interpret merchandise presentation direction
* Strong merchandise presentation skills that can support high volume, multi-level stores
* Strong leadership skills and high level of integrity
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience in motivating and influencing others
* Proven ability to train others and retain talent
* Ability to plan, prioritize and organize
* Competition and industry awareness
* Strong influencing, problem analysis and decision making skills
* Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, MAC) and digital camera skills
* Ability to travel including overnight stays
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Marketing/Ad/PR jobs in Baltimore, MD
View similar jobs:
Vemma - Baltimore, Maryland
Social Media (Unpaid internship)
Lucentra Corporation - Washington, DC
Online Research & Marketing Assistant
TeacherEdibles, Inc. - Arnold, MD
Locate this job: