Merchandising Manager - Old Navy - Laguna Gateway Center Job Listing at Gap Inc. in ELK GROVE, CA
Title: Merchandising Manager - Old Navy - Laguna Gateway Center
Location: US-CA-ELK GROVE
At Old Navy We Make Value Cool.
From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people. It could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 and we've been on a tear ever since. We were the fastest retailer to reach $1 billion in sales within four years and today we're one of the largest apparel brands in North America, operating more than 1000 stores across the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. Over 350 million (that's not a typo) customers cross our doors and spend over $5 billion dollars with us each year.
The Merchandising Manager supports the ASM of Merchandising by executing strategies that consistently meet and exceed company standards for product placement and flexing. The Merchandising Manager assists the ASM in planning and placement of seasonal merchandise flow. By executing pre- and post shipment moves during new flow and replenishment weeks, the Merchandising Manager maximizes presentation and optimizes profitability within department(s) of ownership. The Merchandising Manager adapts merchandising direction based on individual store need and inventory levels. The Merchandising Manager provides solutions to store specific merchandising challenges using brand standards and corporate visual guidelines. The Merchandising Manager partners with all other members of the management team for consistent execution of product placement and replenishment. The Merchandising Manager ensures integrity and implementation of presentation and brand standards in order to provide the best customer experience; provides functional training and ongoing tactical feedback to Associates focusing on product placement.
* Partners with ASM to prepare for and implement seasonal/monthly new flow and initiatives
* Drives results in the store by ensuring seasonal merchandising presentations and new merchandising initiatives are prepared for and executed per company guidelines (The Book)
* Identifies ways to drive sales generation through business analysis; ensures action is taken to maximize sales potential
* Ensures placement of merchandise meets company presentation guidelines
* Ensures key programs are protected and presentation is appropriate for the brand
* Understands and utilizes reports to direct product placement decisions
* Analyzes merchandise-related reports and communicate findings to ASM
* Executes flexing of product to maximize business opportunities while ensuring all flexing decisions are linked to sales
* Partners with Operations Manager to ensure proper movement of clearance merchandise
* Ensures clearance merchandise in upstock/backstock is maintained to maximize gross margin
* Ensures all upstock and backstock are organized and maintained according to company standards to facilitate effective replenishment
* Partners with store management on key merchandising decisions that have an impact on store workload, sales and ease of shopping for the customer.
* Ensures efficiencies and minimizes merchandise handling to meet payroll budget and sales goals
* Actively participates in store walks with ASM, SM, DM, and RVM to ensure the consistency and quality of merchandising and visual execution.
* Communicates successes, opportunities and solutions to ASM to drive results
* Performs Leader on Duty responsibilities including opening and closing the store
* Opens and closes the store in accordance with company standards
* Monitors payroll when opening store and adjusts schedule accordingly
* Practices and ensures all company policies and procedures are followed
* Ensures Leaders and Associates utilize recovery statements to minimize external loss
* Ensures store meets Store Compliance Audit requirements
* Ensures store is compliant with daily cleaning activities according to best practices
* Leads shipment process during new flow weeks for department(s) of ownership
* Supports ASM in shipment responsibilities during non-new flow and replenishment weeks
* Ensures productivity goals are met while adhering to company defined best practices
* Supports team and processes by ensuring that shipment tools and equipment are available
* Ensures proper organization, maintenance, and storage of visual elements
* Ensures all visual elements within department(s) are set and maintained to company standards, including end panels, mannequins, and lighting
* Exhibits behaviors to drive service standards: understands target customer in each area and recognizes customer cues
* Ensures that the actions and activities of the team support Old Navy's service standards
* Ensures a clean hazard-free shopping and working environment through daily cleaning activities
* Ensures Ready all Day standards are to company expectation
* Provides follow-up and feedback to Associates on performance of tasks
* Elevates personnel performance issues to ASM immediately
* Provides motivation and recognition to Associates
* Assesses training opportunities and makes recommendations to the ASM
* Excellent merchandising skills, with attention to visual detail
* Ability to understand and interpret HQ merchandising tools and visual direction
* Ability to identify opportunities and offer solutions to store specific merchandising challenges using brand standards and HQ direction as a guideline
* Demonstrates business comprehension
* Demonstrates passion for customer service
* Demonstrates strong time management and organizational skills
* Excellent ability to create teams and partnership
* Demonstrates ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and work with a sense of urgency
* Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrates ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
* Excellent delegation and follow-up skills.
* Ability to develop and train others.
* Demonstrates conflict management and resolution skills.
* Demonstrates computer proficiency.
* High School diploma or equivalent desired
* Two-year college degree or equivalent work experience preferred
* 12 Months with Old Navy or equivalent supervisory experience
* Two-three years softlines merchandising or visual display experience
* Ability to effectively communicate with customers and store personnel
* Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs
* Ability to effectively maneuver around salesfloor and stockroom, repetitive bending, prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, squatting, and climbing
* Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evening, overnight and weekend shifts
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Sacramento, CA
View similar jobs:
Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) Job - Sacramento, CA Area Schools
Soliant Health - Sacramento, CA
Full Time SLP Job in Woodland, CA
Soliant Health - Woodland, CA
Speech Language Pathologist Needed in Woodland, CA
Soliant Health - Woodland, CA
Locate this job: