Senior Manager, Public Affairs and Communications Job Listing at Gap Inc. in SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Title: Senior Manager, Public Affairs and Communications
Location: US-CA-SAN FRANCISCO
The Senior Manager of Global Public Affairs will lead key elements of Gap Inc.'s efforts to build and maintain a corporate reputation that supports its global business strategy, with a particular emphasis on issues management, Social and Environmental Responsibility (SER), and corporate awards and recognition.
Working under the leadership of the Director of Global Public Affairs, the Senior Manager will work closely with the SER and media relations teams to drive the development of strategic communications to promote Gap Inc.’s corporate affairs interests, with the goal of enhancing and preserving the company’s image and reputation. The Senior Manager will help promote alignment across all aspects of Gap Inc.’s corporate communications by taking an active role in identifying communications opportunities and shaping messages for business partners in media relations, internal communications, and other corporate functions. The Senior Manager will also serve as an on-the-record spokesperson for public affairs.
* Drive positive exposure for the company, particularly around SER (environmental programs, ethical sourcing, human right and labor rights issues). This includes external and internal communications, such as articles for Gap Web and other Gap Inc. communications channels.
* Serves as the on-the-record company spokesperson on public affairs issues.
* Oversees Gap Inc.'s external recognition strategy, including ranking and awards submissions.
* Supports business partners in other functions as necessary, particularly in research and communications related to help translate and communicate achievements to further promote the company’s commitment to Social and Environmental Responsibility.
* Under the supervision of the Director of Global Public Affairs, help to create and execute an annual strategic plan on proactive public affairs deliverables that advance the company’s reputational priorities.
* Manages communications initiatives in support of the company’s social responsibility efforts, including its ethical sourcing and sustainability programs.
* Tracks and monitors public affairs issues that may affect the business, and make recommendations based on potential risks: assessing risks to the company’s reputation and mitigating those risks through effective issues management and communications.
* Develops messaging and related materials on company issues and positions.
* Partners with Global Social and Environmental Responsibility team and Gap Inc. brands to provide strategic counsel and develop and execute communications strategies that elevate Gap’s commitment to Social and Environmental Responsibility in support of its business goals. Execute on external and internal communications for each of these business partners as it relates to public affairs issues.
* Generates content for internal and external websites and blogs, as appropriate, on behalf of business partners.
* Build and maintain constructive relationships with clients and colleagues.
The ideal candidate will have both public and private sector experience, working on issues related to international public affairs. S/he will have proven organizational skills to work independently, prioritize workflow, deal with fluid situations, meet demanding deadlines and manage communications that involve multiple stakeholders.
* Outstanding writing skills.
* Proven experience as an effective communicator and advocate with demonstrated ability to execute on public affairs initiatives.
* International experience and an understanding of global public affairs, with a focus on Asia strongly desired.
* Understanding and background working in global media relations and devising social media strategy.
* Balance of strategic thinking and tactical abilities.
* Demonstrated experience in driving large-scaled internal communications projects as well as external media deliverables.
* Strong project management skills and history of driving projects to completion in a fast-paced environment.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior management.
* Some background in CSR and / or retail desirable.
* Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Political Science, International Affairs or equivalent is strongly preferred.
* Master’s degree preferred.
* 8 years of experience in politics or corporate communications, including 5 years of issues management and media relations work in a high-profile organization.
* At least 2 years experience serving as an on-the-record spokesperson.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Marketing/Ad/PR jobs in San Francisco, CA
View similar jobs:
Business Leader, Credit & Risk
Visa - Foster City, CA
Sr. Business Leader, Head of Global Football Sponsorship Marketing
Visa - Foster City, CA
Sr. Brand Experience Manager
Emerging Blue - Berkely, CA
Locate this job: