Sr. Director, Product Management - Customer Experience - Digital Commerce and Stores Job Listing at Gap Inc. in SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Title: Sr. Director, Product Management - Customer Experience - Digital Commerce and Stores
Location: US-CA-SAN FRANCISCO
Are you passionate about Customer Experience and the way consumer’s shop? Can you identify our customer’s pain points in multi-channel shopping?
What if you were given the opportunity to put together an Omni-Channel Solution, for our six brands, that would streamline our customers’ experience across all shopping channels (e-commerce, mobile, tablet, and our brick-n-mortar stores), for a seamless and consistent experience – all of this on a global platform?
Our team is seeking a passionate Sr. Director of Product Management to join our innovative team and take on large strategic challenges within the business.
The position will be a thought leader in the company, playing a key role in developing the roadmap for Customer facing features for the enterprise (including online, mobile, and retail stores). By leveraging the current technology platform, the Senior Director of Product Management will create omni-channel solutions that are grounded in customer research and solve customer and business problems, while delivering earnings to the company, across the globe.
What you'll be doing:
* Senior level position accountable for planning, developing & implementing larger more strategic projects, often involving multiple product managers.
* Strong people management skills required to inspire, develop, and coach team members
* Recognized as an expert across the company, who has excellent judgment and whose projects and team have contributed significantly to the success of the company
* Structures customer research in partnership with the consumer insights team to get actionable results
* Not afraid to get hands dirty, problem solving and creative thinking a must
* Communicates product solution and benefits to internal and external customers (where appropriate)
* Justifying development initiatives and expenditures
* Analyzing competitors and market trends
* Responsible for the requirements, approach, and vision for key customer-facing programs for Gap Inc.
* Leads and coaches team that develops feature definitions, detailed requirements, business process changes, internal communications, and implementation plans
* Leads and motivates multiple cross-functional teams throughout the entire life cycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment
* Drives change across the company, including the adoption of profit maximizing best practices
* Requires skills to communicate both verbally & in written presentation format with all levels of business leaders and influence key business leaders in the organization
* Identifies new opportunities and develops business case/ROI for projects, including:
* Resolve specific challenges related to how a feature/tool will work for Gap Inc.’s customer or business user and make trade-offs of scope, time & budget when issues arise during development
* Accountable for the financial impact and customer experience of the products produced by the team, using analysis to measure the results of feature deployments to quantify the business benefit/impact, and identify further business opportunities.Desired Skills & Experience
* BA/BS required; MBA preferred; 7 to 10 years experience
* Proven track-record: past projects were consistently successful (i.e. met the consumer’s need, met business objectives, delivered on-time with no/few surprises)
* Marketplace experience: prefer experience in a retail environment (direct to consumer) preferably apparel, or other customer focused technology products
* Domain experience: Deep understanding and experience on how to use customer research—both quantitative and qualitative in nature—to inform technology solutions that solve customer and business problems
* Sound business judgment: the ability to identify the business objectives, develop and implement a business strategy on projects; capable of making reliable business decisions during execution
* Team management: Experience leading, managing and developing multiple direct reports.
Nice to haves:
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Product Management jobs in San Francisco, CA
View similar jobs:
Head of Commercialization - Information Products
Visa - Foster City, CA
Head of Commercialization - Mobile Payments
Visa - Foster City, CA
Business Analysts (Product Analysts)
Visa - Foster City, CA
Locate this job: