Apply on Company Website
As a 323-bed community based teaching facility, Garden City Hospital offers a wealth of employment opportunities to begin or advance your career. Committed to a standard of excellence and to providing patient care with a personal touch, Garden City Hospital is a place where physicians practice quality medicine, employees enjoy a positive environment and meaningful employment experience, and students enhance their education.
As a recipient of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For award, Garden City Hospital is distinguished as an organization that recognizes employees as their greatest asset and creates an ideal working environment where professional growth is encouraged and supported.
Employees at Garden City Hospital span multiple generations. Many extended families are employees of the hospital, a unique and compelling testimony to the pride and loyalty that develops with employment.
Major Service Areas
Home Health Care
Home Medical Equipment
Wound Care/Hyperbaric Medicine
Garden City Hospital is committed to providing health care that improves the well being of the whole person and the health status of the community at large through the provision of comprehensive health care services, osteopathic medical education, and health care related programs.
We will create an unparalleled Community Hospital Experience. The quality of this experience will bring to us
- Patients wanting their healthcare in a personal setting,
- Physicians wanting a place to practice quality medicine,
- Employees wanting a meaningful career,
- Students wanting a quality education, and
- Payers wanting to offer access to the best providers.
Reporting to the Director of Revenue Cycle,reviews clinical documentation, works collaboratively with physicians, coders, nurses and ancillary care providers to accurately represent each inpatient's acuity, complexity, diagnosis, procedure and response to treatment; establishes the most appropriate patient care status based upon each patients' scheduled procedure, health status and anticipated post-operative recovery plan; responds to unscheduled bed requests from referral sources internal to the Hospital; assesses and evaluates patient signs, symptoms and treatment plan to establish the most appropriate patient care status; assists in facilitating inter-hospital transfers and direct admits from the physician office, extended care facility, urgent care clinic or patients home; guides, supports and sponsors the Hospital's clinical documentation improvement efforts; ensures patient classification and DRG assignment are supported by physician documentation.
- RN with current Michigan licensure; BSN preferred
- Demonstrated clinical competence as evidenced by 3-5 years recent clinical nursing experience in an acute inpatient hospital setting; preferably in a critical care area
- Participation in documentation inprovement program and physician interaction
- Experience withclinical coding/documentation and hospital finance
-PC literacy and ability to interpret statistical reports required