Attorney I Job Listing at GEICO in West Palm Beach, FL (Job ID 2658)
Job Duties Responsibilities GEICO seeks an experienced insurance defense Attorney for its West Palm Beach, Staff Counsel Office, which defends GEICO insureds in third party cases and GEICO in first party cases in the West Palm Beach area.
As a GEICO Attorney, you will:
* Handle and manage litigation files from inception through trial
* Prepare motions and memorandums of law.
* Prepare pleadings, discovery, demands and responses.
* Draft reports and provide file analysis.
* Conducting EUOs.
* Some defense of PIP Claims. Candidate Qualifications * Must be a current Florida Bar member in good standing
* 2 to 4 years of personal injury litigation experience, preferably in insurance defense
* Jury verdicts are required
* Strong communication and MS Office skills
* Experience handling motor vehicle, PIP and subrogation cases is a plus
* Computer proficiency (including facility with Microsoft Office applications) is required
* Phone experience
* Public contact
* 10% travel
* Typing (45 WPM)
* Word processing About GEICO Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
ASSOCIATE GENERAL COUNSEL FOR INTERNATIONAL COMPANY
Robert Half Legal - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
GEICO - West Palm Beach, FL
Legal Secretary - Hollywood, FL
The Hartford - Hollywood, FL
Locate this job: