Auto Damage Trainee Job Listing at GEICO in NY (Job ID 1069)
Job Duties Responsibilities Want to work with one of the nation's fastest growing auto insurers? At GEICO, our Auto Damage Insurance Adjusters are the primary ambassadors of our renowned customer service and deliver on GEICO's promise "to be there."
Through our industry-leading, paid training, you'll learn the ins and outs of automobile damage to prepare you to directly assist our customers after accidents or other disasters. We'll equip you with the latest technology and all the tools you'll need to be successful. Our auto damage claims adjusters provide outstanding customer service on a daily basis by working in local drive-in locations, GEICO Auto Repair Xpress® shops and the field.
At GEICO, the opportunity for career advancement is outstanding. In fact, our associates average two promotions within the first three years! In exchange for your hard work, we offer:
* Raises and promotions based upon your performance
* Professional development opportunities through GEICO University
* Coaching and feedback to help you further develop your skills Candidate Qualifications •High school diploma or equivalent
•Bachelor's degree preferred
•Ability to attend an extensive 12-week training program that includes 4 weeks in McLean, VA
•Solid computer, grammar and multi-tasking skills, and mechanical aptitude
•Good customer service skills
•Must be able to work flexible schedules and independently
•Strong attention to detail, time management and decision-making skills
•Good driving record Candidate Qualifications *Must have a driver's license for 3 years Salary Information Starting salary is $41,200. Depending on your performance you may be eligible for an increase of up to $50,800 in 6 to 8 months. Important Position Details This job is in the Metropolitan NY area including the five boroughs.
(Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and the Bronx) Important Position Details Are you ready to start your CAREER with one of the leading insurance companies, but you don't want to be stuck behind a desk all day?
As an Auto Damage Adjuster, you will be out in the field helping our customers that have been involved in an accident. Accidents, even relatively minor ones can be traumatic, and our adjusters are there to determine how much the repairs will cost and quickly get our customers back on the road. As an Auto Damage Adjuster, your responsibilities may take you to a customer's home, an auto body repair shop, salvage yards and other locations in all sorts of weather conditions to inspect vehicles and prepare estimates.
Through our comprehensive, classroom and field training program, you'll learn the ins and outs of automobile damage to prepare you to help our customers after an accident. Once you successfully complete training, you'll be mentored by a Sr. Auto Damage adjuster until you're ready to go out on the road by yourself. At that time, we'll equip you with the latest technology in computer estimating software and the tools you'll need to do your job. Our adjusters work independently and make decisions that affect the customers as well as the company's bottom line.
As an Auto Damage Adjuster, you will:
* Interact with customers on a daily basis
* Inspect and determine claim related damage
* Examine damage to vehicle and prepare repair cost estimate that is precise and fair
* Negotiate equitable settlements with repair facilities
* Explain repair estimate information to the customer
* Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair-cost estimates and recommendations
* Issue payment for repairs
* Provide the highest level of customer service
* Be the first line of defense in fraud detection Training We offer a fully paid training program! How To Apply We’re hiring great people. Apply today!
Click “Apply Now” to complete our online application. You will need an active email address and phone number, and we request at least 5 years of employment history. About GEICO Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this: