Locate this job
Job Duties Responsibilities Do you want to be on the cutting edge of analyzing GEICO’s competitive position? Do you want to be on the forefront in aiding major decisions the company makes? We are seeking a highly motivated analyst to join our Competitive Analytics section within the Underwriting Research team.
The Competitive Intelligence team is looking for associates to be the company experts on our competition. The work of team members is highly visible and is relied upon by both regional and executive management to aid decision-making. We ensure that our pricing and product offerings remain competitive in our fight for market share! We investigate our competitors looking for potential opportunities to integrate into our company that correlates with our corporate vision. The Team members work closely with product managers, actuaries, and statistical modelers to research, analyze, and develop competitive position and pricing strategies. These strategies have a direct impact on GEICO's growth. Team members also gather, manage, present, and publish external information about competitors and their pricing and product offerings. Candidate Qualifications The successful candidate should exhibit the following skills and abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative or business field;
- Driven to succeed in a fast pace work environment;
- Very good analytical, math/statistical, and data management skills;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong computer skills, including Word and Excel;
- Demonstrates leadership potential and works well in a team;
- High level of creativity and experience doing independent research;
- Experience with SAS, SQL, and Microsoft Access is a plus;
- Permanent U.S. work authorization;
- Preference is given to candidates with at least a 3.0 overall GPA and related work or internship experience Salary Information $50,000 - $65,000 (commensurate with experience) How To Apply Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later.
•Mobile users apply to firstname.lastname@example.org About GEICO Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process. Internal Use Only #LI-POST1 ind123, dbt, gdoorit #LI-POST
Apply on company website