Locate this job
Job Duties Responsibilities Being locked out of a vehicle or in need of a tow truck can be a frustrating experience. It takes someone with outstanding customer service skills to help our customers through these situations. As an Emergency Roadside Dispatcher, you will attend industry-leading, paid training and utilize your customer service skills to assist GEICO policyholders in all 50 states.
After training, you will receive incoming customer service calls, verify insurance coverage, locate and dispatch assistance, and negotiate estimated arrival times with tow truck operators and/or locksmiths.
At GEICO, the opportunity for career advancement is outstanding. In fact, our associates average two promotions within the first three years! In exchange for your hard work, we offer:
* Raises and promotions based upon your performance
* Professional development opportunities through GEICO University
* Coaching and feedback to help you further develop your customer service skills Candidate Qualifications * High school diploma or equivalent
* Prior customer service experience
* Demonstrated job stability
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent computer and multi-tasking skills
* High level of dependability
* Must be comfortable working in a call center environment Salary Information At GEICO, we offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary with annual merit reviews. Shift Information Start Dates: 7/6/15; 7/13/15; 7/27/15; 8/17/15; 9/7/154; 9/21/15
Training Hours: M-F - 7:30am-3:30pm or 4pm-12am (Five Weeks)
Transition Hours: M-F - Same as Training Hours
Work Hours: M-F - 4pm-12am
Weekend Hours: Option 1: Every Saturday or Every Sunday (start times between 12pm-4pm) - additional $2000.00 for working every Saturday or Sunday.
Option 2: Additional $3,000.00 in salary for working every Saturday and Sunday. Begins Jan. 1, 2015 and ends Dec. 26th 2015. Career Opportunities At GEICO, the opportunity for advancement is outstanding! We invest in our associates through training and development to help them reach their career goals and personal aspirations. Our associates average 2 promotions within the first 3 years. At GEICO,
* You'll receive on-going training to help you learn your job
* We encourage your professional development through GEICO
University, our companywide training and development program
* We provide constant coaching and feedback to help you develop
* There are opportunities to advance your career and become a
lead, coach, trainer, or supervisor
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding work environment, GEICO has the career path for you. Training Prior insurance experience is not necessary; we provide comprehensive and on-going training!
You'll receive on the job paid training to help you learn what you need to know to assist customers with many different types of requests. Once on the job, associates receive frequent updates and on-going training to keep their knowledge up-to-date and develop their skills. How To Apply Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later. About GEICO Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Apply on company website