Emerging Leaders Program, Information Technology Track -- Chevy Chase, MD Job Listing at GEICO in Chevy Chase, MD (Job ID 1815)
Job Duties Responsibilities This career track is well suited for computer science, computer engineering, and information systems majors. To be eligible for the Emerging Leader Program you must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50 in your undergraduate studies, and at least a 3.50 cumulative GPA in any graduate studies. A college degree is required for the program.
Are you graduating with a technical degree, but looking for a company that will help develop you into a business leader? If you answered yes, then our Emerging Leaders program may be a great place for you to launch your career.
As an Emerging Leader in the Information Technology track, you'll make real contributions to GEICO's bottom line, while interacting with senior executives and associates at all levels. This highly selective program will teach you the ins and outs of our industry-leading company. We'll support your professional development while you gain hands-on technical and management experience.
During this three-year program, you'll learn our business by working on projects, attending business meetings, leading teams, and rotating through our Information Services, Systems Operations, and Internet Business departments. Projects you could work on include database upgrades and business analyses, development and design, new application rollouts, data migration and project management. Technologies we currently use include Java, C++, VB.net, Oracle, UNIX, J2EE and SQL.
When you finish your program, you'll be ready for a future with enormous potential! Our goal is to place you in a position of significant responsibility within the technology-operations of our company. Candidate Qualifications * Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related field
* Master's degree and MBA graduates are encouraged to apply
* At least a 3.50 overall GPA in undergrad and graduate studies
* Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated leadership experience
* High level of dependability
* Desire to one day become a manager
* Willingness to relocate
* Permanent U.S. work authorization How To Apply Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later. About GEICO Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Project Manager - Systems
Robert Half Management Resources - Alexandria, VA
Front Desk Supervisor
AvalonBay Communities - Arlington, VA
Project Manager (Redevelopment)
AvalonBay Communities - Arlington, VA
Locate this job: