Locate this job
Job Duties Responsibilities GEICO – a proven online, mobile and industry leader -- seeks a highly motivated, experienced JBoss Middleware Engineer to join our growing Systems Operations Department. With more than 2,000 people working in IT at GEICO, not only are we a top employer for tech pros, we’re also at the cutting edge of our industry. We’re utilizing emerging technologies to drive results, enhance our customers’ online experiences, and impact bottom line results.
As a Middleware Administrator, you will be responsible for the installation, configuration, performance, tuning and maintenance of JBoss application servers and other J2EE software products, and fixes on Linux/Windows/UNIX platforms. Furthermore, the Middleware Administrator will troubleshoot infrastrucure issues and support the application development cycle involved with application design, deploying code, and resolving any infrastructure problems. Other duties include monitoring the production environment, tuning J2EE application servers to optimize performance, reinstalling all Middleware products during lease replacements, participating in production problem calls, stabilizing and improving JVM performance by tuning the Heap Size, GC policy, and connection pools. Candidate Qualifications • At least 3 years of experience in J2EE deployments on two of the following operating systems: LINUX: Preferably Suse, Red Hat; UNIX: Preferably Solaris 8, AIX; Windows: Windows 2008 or Windows 2012
• At least 2 years’ experience with WebSphere MQ on the Mainframe
• In-depth knowledge and experience of J2EE framework and applications with at least 2 years of experience in Middleware products such as JBOSS, Tomcat or WebSphere Application Server and Apache
• Prior experience with working in a UNIX/Linux based environment
• Solid understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP and HTTP
• Prior Experience with large scale J2EE deployments, Java programming or Software Development Life Cycle
• Solid troubleshooting skills are a must
• Ability and flexibility to support and manage our dynamic 7 X 24 Production J2EE Environment as well as the other testing environments
• Demonstrated ability to keep up with an ever-changing technical environment
• An enthusiastic, highly organized self- starter and a team player that works well as a member of a diverse team
• Experience working with .NET applications is a plus Salary Information $105,000 - $120,000 based on experience How To Apply Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later.
Send resumes to ITCareers@geico.com About GEICO Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process. Internal Use Only wp123, ind123, dbt, gdoorit, #LI-POST
Apply on company website