Legal Secretary II Job Listing at GEICO in Tampa, FL (Job ID 1278)
Job Duties Responsibilities GEICO seeks an experienced Legal Secretary to join the GEICO Staff Counsel office in Tampa, FL. Successful candidate will assist attorneys in defending civil litigation matters.
Responsibilities will include:
* Under general supervision, performs a variety of legal secretarial, stenographic, typing and clerical functions for Staff Counsel Attorneys.
* Preparing pleadings, discovery, motions, notices, jury demands and correspondence of non-dictated nature on forms via PC in Team Connect.
* Filing court documents and monitoring case dockets.
* Office administration duties, such as scheduling, maintaining the office calendar, file organization, diary entries, and gathering case-related records.
* Communicating with GEICO clients, customers and the Claims department. Candidate Qualifications * Must have at least 3 years experience as an Insurance Defense Legal Secretary
* Must be proficient in TeamConnect
* Ability to effectively manage and prioritize caseload
* Must type at least 45 WPM
* Exceptional computer skills and proficiency using MS Word
* Exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills
* Insurance defense and personal injury experience strongly preferred About GEICO Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Administrative Assistant for CPA Firm
OfficeTeam - Plant City, FL
Aerotek - Tampa, FL
Aerotek - Tampa, FL
Locate this job: