Locate this job
Job Duties Responsibilities What sets GEICO apart from our competition? One key factor is our ability to provide outstanding customer service during the insurance claims process. As a Liability Claims Representative, you are there for our customers when they need us most – after an accident.
Accidents can be traumatic experiences, and it takes a true professional to empathize, listen and assist our customers. Through our industry-leading, paid training, you'll learn about insurance concepts and contracts, complex claims handling, liability disputes and settlement negotiation. After training, you will investigate and process a variety of insurance claims ranging from minor fender-benders to major disasters.
At GEICO, the opportunity for career advancement is outstanding. In fact, our associates average two promotions within the first three years! In exchange for your hard work, we offer:
* Raises and promotions based upon your performance
* Professional development opportunities through GEICO University
* Coaching and feedback to help you further develop your skills Candidate Qualifications * Bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 2.5 or higher
* Good customer service skills or prior experience
* Solid computer, grammar and multi-tasking skills
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong attention to detail, time management and decision-making skills
* Demonstrated job stability
* Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-volume call center
Among GEICO's outstanding benefits are:
•Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
•401(k) and profit-sharing plan
•Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
•Flexible spending accounts
•On-site fitness and dining facilities
•Associate clubs and volunteer activities
•Business casual dress and more!
We’re hiring great people. Apply today!
Click “Apply Now” to complete our online application. You will need an active email address and phone number, and we encourage you to upload your resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts.
Please be prepared for multiple steps in our hiring process. GEICO conducts drug screens, credit and background checks, and may conduct health assessments of applicants who’ve accepted employment offers. EOE Salary Information At GEICO, we offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary with annual merit reviews. Shift Information Start Dates: 7/6/15; 8/10/15; 9/14/15
Training Hours: M-F - 8am-4pm
Transition Hours: M-F - 8:30am-5pm or 8am-4:30pm
Work Hours: M-F - 8:30am-5pm or 9am-6pm
Weekend Hours: NONE Career Opportunities At GEICO, the opportunity for advancement is outstanding! We invest in our associates through training and development to help them reach their career goals and personal aspirations. Our associates average 2 promotions within the first 3 years. At GEICO,
* You'll receive on-going training to help you learn your job
* We encourage your professional development through GEICO
University, our companywide training and development program
* We provide constant coaching and feedback to help you develop
* There are opportunities to advance your career and become a
lead, coach, trainer, or supervisor
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding work environment, GEICO has the career path for you. Training Prior insurance experience is not necessary; we provide comprehensive and on-going training!
You'll receive on the job paid training to help you learn what you need to know to assist customers with many different types of requests. Once on the job, associates receive frequent updates and on-going training to keep their knowledge up-to-date and develop their skills. How To Apply Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later. About GEICO Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Apply on company website