Systems Architect Job Listing at GEICO in Chevy Chase, MD
Job Duties Responsibilities GEICO-- a proven online and mobile industry leader -- seeks an experienced IT Systems Architect to join our growing team. With more than 2,000 people working in IT at GEICO, not only are we a top employer for tech pros, we¿re also at the cutting edge of our industry. We're utilizing emerging technologies to drive results, enhance our customers¿ online experiences, and impact bottom line results.
The Systems Architect will join the Infrastructure Architecture Team to define, communicate, and provide architecture guidance on infrastructure design in the modernization project. this person will research, analyze and recommend technologies, frameworks, and other approaches for applicability to support the needs of the Microsoft platform initiative program.The will also define architectural solutions, write and maintain reference architectures, and collaborate with solutions and architecture teams to communicate and inject reference architectural into solution design. Candidate Qualifications Required Qualifications
* 3+ years of experience in a senior engineering or architecture role.
* Broad understanding of the Microsoft solution platform, including Windows Server, Hyper-V, Active Directory, .NET, IIS, SQL Server, Exchange Server, BizTalk Server, AppFabric, Azure, Virtual Private Cloud, Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, Project Server.
* Understanding of the concerns involved in infrastructure and operations management.
* Broad understanding of the Microsoft System Center suite, including Virtual Machine Manager, Configuration Manager, Operations Manager, Service Manager, AVIcode, Opalis, Data Protection Manager, and ForeFront.
* Understanding of service oriented concepts and frameworks, including SOA and ITSM / ITIL / MOF.
* Understanding of SDLCs, specifically agile methodologies including SCRUM and ISD.
* Familiarity with TOGAF or other architectural frameworks
* Experiencing planning, designing, implementing, and managing solutions using the Microsoft System Center suite, including Virtual Machine Manager, Configuration Manager, Operations Manager, Service Manager, AVIcode, and Opalis. How To Apply Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in DC Metro
View similar jobs:
Engineering Resource Group, Inc. - Alexandria, VA
Sr. Mechanical Engineer / Project Engineer - Construction
Engineering Resource Group, Inc. - Washington, DC
Database Specialist (Entry Level) Direct Labor
AT&T - Washington, DC
Locate this job: