SQL Database Administrator Job Listing at GEICO in Chevy Chase, MD (Job ID 2443)
Job Duties Responsibilities GEICO, a proven online and mobile industry leader -- seeks an experienced SQL Database Administrator to join our growing team. With more than 2,000 people working in IT at GEICO, not only are we a top employer for tech pros, we're also at the cutting edge of our industry. We're utilizing emerging technologies to drive results, enhance our customers' online experiences, and impact bottom line results.
We're looking for an SQL Database Administrator to lead the way in database monitoring, performance tuning, storage capacity, and backup recovery planning. You will also be a subject matter expert in the areas of development, testing, troubleshooting, QA, SQL reporting, systems tables and DMVs, and writing automated scripts. The SQL Database Administrator will also focus on the support and infrastructure for high volume, multi-terabyte SQL Server databases. Candidate Qualifications * Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience
* 5 + years experience with large databases in a high-transaction, 24x7 Microsoft SQL Server database environment.
* Responsible for database monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning and high availability strategies for SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2012.
* Develop backup and recovery strategies. Anticipate hardware requirements and storage capacity planning for development, testing, QA and production for growth and performance.
* Production support experience should include support of SSIS, replication, database mirroring and SQL Reporting Services.
* Proactively monitor production databases and optimize systems for better performance. Diagnose system problems, evaluate alternative solution and take initiative to solve problem. Resolve locking conflicts/blocking and resource utilization. Thorough understanding of database performance monitoring and analysis tools. Ability to work with database developers and engineers to analyze database performance and identify problems in areas such as execution plans, index coverage and SQL server statistics. Demonstrate ability to solve complex database administrative problems.
* Ability to write automated scripts and strong knowledge of system tables and DMVs.
* Work in a team oriented environment and ability to communicate effectively within teams. Share new ideas with the team and be able to think and recommend solutions.
* Requires project planning skills and good verbal and written communication skills. Salary Information $100,000 - $125,000 based on experience. How To Apply Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later.
wp111, ind123, dbt, gdoorit About GEICO Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Aerotek - Frederick, MD
Software Test Analyst - Bethesda, MD
Sonya M Recruiting - Bethesda, MD
Oracle Data Warehouse/OBIE Principal Developer
Robert Half Technology - Fairfax, VA
Locate this job: