Supervisor Leadership Program, Sales Management Training Job Listing at GEICO in IA (Job ID 2778)
Job Duties Responsibilities GEICO is looking for bright, driven college seniors and graduates to join our accelerated Supervisor Leadership Program on the Sales Management Training track. In this Management Trainee program, you will spend 12 to18 months learning all about what makes GEICO the fastest growing auto insurer in the U.S., and providing the foundation for leading teams in our Sales area.
The goal of this program is to develop GEICO’s future business leaders!
The Sales track is an excellent opportunity to experience a growing and critical component of our business, and advance to a supervisor position with strong opportunities to advance further. In order to one day lead a Sales team, you will first:
* Attend industry-leading training and pass necessary insurance exams
* Obtain your professional insurance license
* Drive our company growth by selling our exceptional auto or property insurance products
* Work on projects that are critical to the Sales department’s success
* Receive mentoring from management
* Work to meet goals, achieve top results and demonstrate your leadership potential
* Coach associates and assist in their career development
* Attend management preparation classes toward the end of your program
Individuals chosen for this selective, fast-track program are high performers who exhibit strong leadership skills and are focused on building a career. The opportunity for advancement is up to you, as participants advance based upon performance. Associates who started in this leadership program have been promoted to supervisors, trainers, managers and even directors! Candidate Qualifications * Bachelor's degree in a business-related field, or a degree and completion of at least 4 core business courses (Accounting I II, Finance, Statistics, Business Law, Marketing, Macro / Micro Economics or Information Systems)
* At least a 3.2 cumulative undergraduate GPA
* Demonstrated leadership experience on campus, within the community and/or at work
* Solid computer, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Highly effective communication and presentation skills
* Strong attention to detail, time management and decision-making skills
* U.S. work authorization; sponsorship is not available for this program Salary Information At GEICO, we offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary with annual merit reviews.
*Start at $17.79 per hour Shift Information *Multiple start dates are available
*Regular set schedule; a variety of new schedule options are available including 4-day and 5-day work weeks How To Apply We’re hiring great people. Apply today!
Click “Apply Now” to complete our online application. You will need an active email address and phone number, and we encourage you to upload your resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts.
Please be prepared for multiple steps in our hiring process. GEICO conducts drug screens, credit and background checks, and may conduct health assessments of applicants who’ve accepted employment offers. EOE About GEICO Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Among GEICO's outstanding benefits are:
*Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
*401(k) and profit-sharing plan
*Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
*Flexible spending accounts
*Associate clubs and volunteer activities
*Business casual dress and more!
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Iowa Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Technical Business Analyst - Direct Hire FTE Position
Robert Half Technology - WEST DES MOINES, IA
Human Resources Manager
OfficeTeam - DAVENPORT, IA
Financial Project Manager
Robert Half Management Resources - WEST DES MOINES, IA
Locate this job: