Locate this job
Job Duties Responsibilities GEICO and the Systems Operation Department is looking for a highly motivated candidate to serve as the Windows Infrastructure Engineer for the Windows Infrastructure Systems (WIS) team. The Windows Infrastructure Engineer will provide level-3 support to GEICO's Windows, Linux, and virtual server infrastructure. The Windows Infrastructure candidate must have solid background in systems administration, automation, and technical writing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support 4000+ physical and virtual Windows Servers across geographically disperse data centers.
- Support VMware and Hyper-V infrastructure.
- Support Cisco UCS and HP Bladesystem Infrastructure.
- Work with application teams to gather requirements and architect solutions
- Evaluate, write up, and plan implementation of new technologies.
- Automate existing and new processes through the use of orchestration and scripting.
- Develop and publish documents and procedures for GEICO's hardware, virtual, and physical hardware.
- 24x7 On-Call support for production systems Candidate Qualifications Qualifications:
- Experience with Windows Servers and Virtualization Technologies
- Experience with Cisco UCS based Infrastructure
- Experience with VMware vCenter and vSphere or Microsoft Virtual Machine Manager and
Hyper-V in a large infrastructure
- Knowledge of Server hardware and technologies (Rack/Blade/UCS)
- Strong understanding of Networking concepts (DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, sub netting, TCP/IP)
- Strong scripting or programming background
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Bachelor's Degree in IT related field or IT related course load and working towards a degree
- Over 3 years Systems Administration experience
- Industry Certification (Microsoft/VMware) is a plus, but not required Salary Information $90,000 - $110,000 based on experience. How To Apply Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later. About GEICO Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process. Internal Use Only wp123 ind123 dbt gdoorit, #LI-POST
Apply on company website