Occupational Therapy Assistant Job Listing at Genesis Rehabilitation in Rome, GA
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Job Title: Occupational Therapy Assistant
Area of Interest: Rehabilitation Services - OT
Position Type: Casual
Recruiter: McCaslin, Tiffany
Job Description: Genesis Rehabilitation Services is looking for remarkable Occupational Therapy Assistant. At Genesis Rehabilitation Services, you can really care for your patients – and your thoughts, opinions and expertise will always be respected. Our benefits package is outstanding. And our regular shifts help you balance your career and your personal life.
Genesis HealthCare operates more than 200 skilled nursing centers in 13 states, and Genesis Rehab Services offers rehabilitation services to more than 1,100 health care facilities in 37 states. And right now, we have opportunities near you. So apply today. For a remarkable COTA, it’s a remarkable opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Occupational Therapy Assistant implements occupational therapy programs and provides occupational therapy treatments to patients to facilitate increased independence and functioning, under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist.
1. Implements patient’s individualized treatment plan as established by the primary Occupational Therapist, including application of therapeutic techniques in such areas as cognitive skills, muscle strength, ?coordination, endurance, mobility, perceptual abilities, sensory awareness, sitting and standing tolerance, balance, activities of daily living, joint protection, work simplification, orientation and physical agent modalities.
2. Works with other members of the rehabilitation team to develop programs and activities consistent with the needs and capabilities of each patient.
3. Instructs patients, families and other caregivers in the skills and techniques of the occupational therapy treatment program under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
4. Maintains appropriate and timely documentation for all patients treated.
5. Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences and other required meetings as a representative of occupational therapy, under the direction of the Occupational Therapist.
6. Puts Patient Service First: Ensures that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
1. Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy Assistant Program according to AOTA & ACOTE standards.
2. Initial certification obtained from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy.
3. S/he must be licensed and/or eligible for licensure as required in the state of practice.
As one of the nation’s largest long-term care and rehabilitation providers, we offer a generous and wide-ranging compensation and benefits package from day one, including:
• Medical/dental/vision insurances
• Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability
• Voluntary insurance programs
• 401(k) Program
• Continuing Education Programs
• Leadership Training Program
• Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts
• Extensive paid leave
• Service awards
• Generous Elder Care benefit for family members
Interested in travel assignments? Call to learn more about the Genesis Rehab Services internal traveler program, The Passport Program!
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Physician jobs in Georgia Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Physician - ED
EmCare - Macon, GA
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Genesis Rehabilitation - Columbus, GA
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Genesis Rehabilitation - Athens, GA
Locate this job: