Occupational Therapy Assistant Job Listing at Genesis Rehabilitation in Cedar Grove, NJ
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Job Title: Occupational Therapy Assistant
Area of Interest: Rehabilitation Services - OT
Position Type: Full Time - Permanent
Recruiter: Pignetti, Danielle
City: Cedar Grove
State: New Jersey
Job Description: POSITION SUMMARY:
The Occupational Therapy Assistant implements occupational therapy programs
and provides occupational therapy treatments to patients to facilitate increased independence and
functioning, under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist.
1. Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences and other required meetings as a
representative of occupational therapy, under the direction of the Occupational Therapist.
2. Meets patient care hours (PCH) requirement for your rehab gym, or as directed by Program
3. Works with other members of the rehabilitation team to develop programs and activities
consistent with the needs and capabilities of each patient.
4. Instructs patients, families and other caregivers in the skills and techniques of the occupational
therapy treatment program under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
5. Maintains appropriate and timely documentation for all patients treated.
6. Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair of equipment, as necessary.
7. Puts Patient Service First: Ensures that patients and families receive the highest quality of service
in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
8. Implements patient’s individualized treatment plan as established by the primary Occupational
9. Provides individualized occupational therapy interventions including application of therapeutic
techniques in such areas as, but not limited to:
• cognitive skills
• muscle strength
• perceptual abilities
Qualifications: Qualifications : SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy Assistant Program according to AOTA & ACOTE
2. Initial certification obtained from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy.
3. He/she must be licensed and/or eligible for licensure as required in the state of practice.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Physician jobs in Newark, NJ
View similar jobs:
Inpatient Dialysis RN travel job- Rhode Island
Soliant Health - Fun, RI
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Genesis Rehabilitation - Toms River, NJ
Interventional Rad Tech Per Diem Staten Island
Fresenius Medical Care - Staten Island, NY
Locate this job: