Physical Therapist Job Listing at Genesis Rehabilitation in Paducah, KY (Job ID genesisrehab-81876)
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Job Title: Physical Therapist
Area of Interest: Rehabilitation Services - PT
Position Type: Casual
Recruiter: Morris, Andrew
PRN OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE IN PADUCAH AND BARDWELL, KY
Genesis Rehabilitation Services is looking for remarkable Physical Therapists. At Genesis Rehabilitation Services, you can really care for your patients – and your thoughts, opinions and expertise will always be respected. Our benefits package is outstanding. And our regular shifts help you balance your career and your personal life.
Genesis HealthCare is one of the nation's largest skilled nursing care providers with more than 400 skilled nursing centers and assisted living residences in 28 states nationwide. Genesis also supplies rehabilitation therapy to over 1,500 healthcare providers in 46 states. And right now, we have opportunities near you. So apply today. For a remarkable PT, it’s a remarkable opportunity.
The Physical Therapist assesses the need for, develops, and delivers physical therapy programs to facilitate rehabilitation. S/he identifies the need for and makes referral(s) to other disciplines to address the comprehensive needs of patients. S/he implements individualized therapy programs designed to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance. The Physical Therapist also instructs, educates, and trains patients and caregivers in those skills and functions essential for promoting independence and productivity, in order to diminish or correct pathology.
1. Screens, examines and evaluates patients, including history, systems review, and application of appropriate tests and measures, synthesis information and interprets examination findings in order to establish a diagnosis, identify impairments, determine the predicted level of improvement and the time required to achieve it, identify precautions/contraindications and design and plan of care. Develops appropriate treatment goals and methods in collaboration with the patient and caregivers, implements the physical therapy treatment plan, and completes all related documentation and record keeping regarding these services. Services such as therapeutic exercise including aerobic capacity conditioning, balance coordination, agility training, body mechanics and postural stabilization, flexibility exercises, gait and locomotion training, neuromotor development training, relaxation, strength, power, and endurance training; functional training; manual therapy; airway clearance techniques; integumentary repair and protection; use of electrotherapeutic, physical agent and mechanical modalities.
2. Supervises Physical Therapy Assistants, temporary licensees, students and support personnel in accordance with state licensure requirements and professional standards.
3. Designs, fits and/or applies adaptive devices, and trains patients in the use of adaptive devices including orthotics and prosthetics.
4. Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences and other related meetings.
5. Puts Patient Service first: ensures that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights.
6. Instructs patient in the skills and techniques required for participation in mobility activities, and evaluates patient progress, attitudes and behavior as related to rehabilitative potential.
1. Hold a valid Physical Therapy license in the state(s) of practice, or proof of license eligibility.
2. A Master's degree in Physical Therapy or a related field.
a. For individuals who completed appropriate Physical Therapy education prior to January 1, 2002, with a valid Physical Therapy license in the state(s) of practice or proof of license eligibility, a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy (or related field), plus five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in Physical Therapy will be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
b. A foreign-degree equivalent to the first professional degree, consistent with state licensing rules, will be accepted in lieu of Master’s degree.
As one of the nation’s largest long-term care and rehabilitation providers, we offer a generous and wide-ranging compensation and benefits package from day one, including:
• Medical/dental/vision insurances
• Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability
• Voluntary insurance programs
• 401(k) Program
• Continuing Education Programs
• Leadership Training Program
• Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts
• Extensive paid leave
• Service awards
• Generous Elder Care benefit for family members
Interested in travel assignments? Call to learn more about the Genesis Rehab Services internal traveler program, The Passport Program!
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in Kentucky Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Physical Therapist - SRS PRN Lebanon, KY
RehabCare - Lebanon, KY
Occupational Therapist - Glasgow, KY
RehabCare - Glasgow, KY
Rehabilitation Technician - SRS Part Time Calvert City, KY
RehabCare - Part Time Calvert City, KY
Locate this job: