Physical Therapist Job Listing at Genesis Rehabilitation in Skowhegan, ME (Job ID genesisrehab-73138)
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Job Title: Physical Therapist
Area of Interest: Rehabilitation Services - PT
Position Type: Casual
Recruiter: Passante, Amber
1. Performs routine reexamination as needed/required to modify/progress plan of treatment.
Genesis Rehabilitation Services is looking for remarkable Physical Therapists. At Genesis Rehabilitation Services, you can really care for your patients - and your thoughts, opinions and expertise will always be respected. Our benefits package is outstanding. And our regular shifts help you balance your career and your personal life.
Genesis HealthCare is one of the nation's largest skilled nursing care providers with more than 400 skilled nursing centers and assisted living residences in 28 states nationwide. Genesis also supplies rehabilitation therapy to over 1,500 healthcare providers in 46 states. And right now, we have opportunities near you. So apply today. For a remarkable PT, it's a remarkable opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Physical Therapist assesses the need for, develops, and delivers physical therapy programs to facilitate rehabilitation. The Physical Therapist identifies the need for and makes referral(s) to other disciplines to address the comprehensive needs of patients. He/she implements individualized therapy programs designed to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance. In addition, the Physical Therapist instructs, educates, and trains patients and caregivers in those skills and functions essential for promoting independence and productivity, in order to diminish or correct pathology. He/she directs activities to promote and maintain health.
2. As necessary or applicable, supervision of Physical Therapy Assistants, temporary licensees, students and support personnel in accordance with state licensure requirements and professional standards.
3. Meets patient care hours (PCH) requirement for your rehab gym, or as directed by Program Manager/Area Director.
4. Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences and other related meetings.
5. Makes referrals to other disciplines, agencies in order to address the comprehensive needs of the patient.
6. Consults and collaborates with other members of the health care team to select the most appropriate therapeutic regimen consistent with the needs and capabilities of each patient.
7. Adapts program and/or plan of care according to the needs of individual patient.
8. Promotes a safe environment and enforces the elimination of fire and safety hazards.
9. Orders supplies and equipment as necessary.
10. Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair of equipment as necessary.
11. Puts Patient Service first: ensures that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights.
12. Screens, examines and evaluates patients, including history, systems review, and application of appropriate tests and measures, synthesis information and interprets examination findings in order to establish a diagnosis, identify impairments, determine the predicted level of improvement and the time required to achieve it, identify precautions/contraindications and design and plan of care. Develops appropriate treatment goals and methods in collaboration with the patient and caregivers, implements the physical therapy treatment plan, and completes all related documentation and record keeping regarding these services. Services include but are not limited to:
• therapeutic exercise including aerobic capacity conditioning, balance coordination, agility training, body mechanics and postural stabilization, flexibility exercises, gait and locomotion training, neuromotor development training, relaxation, strength, power, and endurance training
• functional training
• manual therapy
• airway clearance techniques
• integumentary repair and protection
• use of electrotherapeutic, physical agent and mechanical modalities
13. Designs, fits and/or applies adaptive devices, and trains patients in the use of adaptive devices including orthotics and prosthetics.
14. Selects appropriate activities suited to the individual's physical and mental capacity, intelligence level and interest.
15. Instructs patient in the skills and techniques required for participation in mobility activities, and evaluates patient progress, attitudes and behavior as related to rehabilitative potential.
16. Performs other related duties as required.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must have a valid Physical Therapy license in the state(s) of practice, or proof of license eligibility; and
2. Must have a Master's degree in Physical Therapy; or
3. Must have a Master's degree in a Physical Therapy related field in addition to a Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy; or
4. Must have a Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy plus 5 years of progressively responsible PT experience.
The qualifying Physical Therapy degree earned outside of the U.S. must be evaluated to be the U.S. equivalent to a degree in Physical Therapy.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in Maine Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Occupational Therapist - SRS PRN - Machias, ME
RehabCare - Machias, ME
Physical Therapist - SRS PRN - Machias, ME
RehabCare - Machias, ME
Physical Therapy Asst - SRS PRN - Machias, ME
RehabCare - Machias, ME
Locate this job: