Physical Therapy Assistant Job Listing at Genesis Rehabilitation in Rome, GA (Job ID genesisrehab-77987)
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Job Title: Physical Therapy Assistant
Area of Interest: Rehabilitation Services - OT
Position Type: Casual
Recruiter: McCaslin, Tiffany
Job Description: Genesis Rehabilitation Services is looking for remarkable Physical Therapy Assistants. At Genesis Rehabilitation Services, you can really care for your patients – and your thoughts, opinions and expertise will always be respected. Our benefits package is outstanding. And our regular shifts help you balance your career and your personal life.
Genesis HealthCare operates more than 200 skilled nursing centers in 13 states, and Genesis Rehab Services offers rehabilitation services to more than 1,100 health care facilities in 37 states. And right now, we have opportunities near you. So apply today. For a remarkable PTA, it’s a remarkable opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Physical Therapist Assistant provides physical therapy treatments to patients to facilitate increased independence and functioning under the supervision of a Licensed Physical Therapist.
1. Acts as an assistant to the Physical Therapist when the Physical Therapist is performing tests, evaluations, and complex procedures.
2. Implements patient’s individualized treatment plan as established by the primary Physical Therapist, providing individualized physical therapy treatments including therapy such as therapeutic exercise including aerobic capacity conditioning, balance coordination, agility training, body mechanics and postural stabilization, flexibility exercises, gait and locomotion training, neuromotor development training, relaxation, strength, power, and endurance training; functional training; manual therapy; airway clearance techniques; integumentary repair and protection; use of electrotherapeutic, physical agent and mechanical modalities.
3. Instructs patients, families and other caregivers in the skills and techniques of the physical therapy treatment program under the supervision of the Physical Therapist.
4. Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences and other required meetings as a representative of physical therapy, under the direction of the physical therapist.
5. Maintains appropriate and timely documentation for all patients treated.
6. Puts Patient Service First: Ensures that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
7. Organizes and facilitates treatment groups in collaboration with the physical therapist.
1. Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant Program certified by the American Physical Therapy Association.
2. Licensed and/or eligible for licensure as required by the state of practice.
As one of the nation’s largest long-term care and rehabilitation providers, we offer a generous and wide-ranging compensation and benefits package from day one, including:
• Medical/dental/vision insurances
• Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability
• Voluntary insurance programs
• 401(k) Program
• Continuing Education Programs
• Leadership Training Program
• Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts
• Extensive paid leave
• Service awards
• Generous Elder Care benefit for family members
Interested in travel assignments? Call to learn more about the Genesis Rehab Services internal traveler program, The Passport Program!
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Marketing Coordinator, Receptionist
South Bend Tribune - United States of America
Pharmacy Technician or Assistant- Surrey, BC
Safeway - Surrey, BC
Pharmacy Technician or Assistant - Victoria
Safeway - Victoria, BC
Locate this job: