Director Program Management Job Listing at Genzyme Corporation in Framingham, MA
Director Program Management-31131
Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research, collaboration with the global patient community, and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. Genzyme's portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represent groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. As a Sanofi company, Genzyme benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients. Learn more at www.genzyme.com.
Director of Program Management
Department: Industrial Operations, Strategy
Department Description: Drives program strategy and key tactical decisions collaboratively with colleagues in Genzyme Industrial Operations.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Strategy, Genzyme Industrial Operations the Program Operations Director provides leadership in program and project management support and services to the Product Operations teams. This role is the key strategic planning interface between MTS, Site Operations, Supply Chain, Operating Unit Support Functions (Finance, Engineering, etc.), Commercial, and Strategy. Additionally, the role provides an interface with key regulatory and quality functions to ensure integration of quality and regulatory strategies that align to site network decisions and optimal supply strategies. This role provides comprehensive and proactive risk analysis of program plans, on-going critical path analytics of strategic programs, and ensures integration of product strategic plans with other Genzyme Industrial Operations strategic plans. In addition, the Program Operations Director will act as the single focal point for the relevant product strategic plan, action plans, and status reports.
Note: As clarifying matter and field definition, a program is built when necessary to coordinate strong identified interdependencies between some major individual projects; as with included projects, a program is run for a defined period.
· 12+ years' experience in Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, or associated industry with prior program/project management responsibility
· Management Leadership experience in a program management discipline
- Previous experience directly managing cross-functional leadership teams at a plant or corporate support function level
· Direct and regular interaction with support functions: Process Development, Regulatory Affairs, Operations Supply Chain.
· Incumbent must be adept at managing within matrix organization structures and be able to effectively manage through influence; well-developed interpersonal skills including a demonstrated ability to influence and participate in teams at all levels of management required
· Project management and business acumen required and technical knowledge beneficial
· Incumbent will have strong Leadership capability, integrity, team orientation, flexibility, creativity, experience in projects that require collaborative approaches, strong analytical skills a solid ability to understand business issues and processes.
· Very strong communication and report preparation skills.
- Well versed in management reviews with senior management.
Job : Program and Project Management
Primary Location : United States-Massachusetts-Framingham
Job Posting : Mar 7, 2013
Shift : Day Job
Job Type : Regular
Employee Status : Regular
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Boston, MA
View similar jobs:
Manager, Claims Field Operations - Boston, MA
Liberty Mutual Insurance - Boston, MA
Bob’s Depot Returns Supervisor
Bob's Discount Furniture - Billerica, MA
MBA Intern: Global Development Operations & Strategic Planning
sanofi-aventis - Cambridge, MA
Locate this job: