Medical Managed Care Director MS Job Listing at Genzyme Corporation in Cambridge, MA
Medical Managed Care Director - MS-32276
Medical Managed Care Director - Multiple Sclerosis
Note: this is a field based position
1. Medical Interface and Communications:
• Serve as medical lead for the assigned national/regional accounts and other identified healthcare organizations. Develop and maintain credible and independent relationships with key medical, pharmacy, quality health economics/outcomes/analytics opinion leaders within assigned accounts.
• Alignment of product, therapeutic area and disease state strategies with national account scientific and medical objectives
• Provide timely clinical, economic and scientific product updates (including Dossier and MS Portfolio presentations) for Scientific Formulary decision making.
• Develop strategic medical partnerships related to clinical, evidence-based and disease management/health outcome initiatives.
• Facilitate the development and placement of appropriate clinical/ health outcomes and population health management studies with appropriate field, home office support and consistent with all policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Provide innovative input and support to Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and internal teams that result in creation of tools, resources, approaches and Best Practice Disease/Population and Health Economic Models.
• Develop strategic medical partnership and affiliations with appropriate national medical/Payor associations.
• Provide input and support in development/implementation and participation in Genzyme scientific advisory boards and symposia. Attend participate as appropriate in Medical/HO Managed Market conferences.
• Maintain communication flow with internal and external teams.
• Develop specific medical action plans (MAP) for the assigned accounts per approved policies, procedures and guidelines for medical interface.
2. Cross Functional Interfaces:
• Work with cross-functional US Managed Markets teams to coordinate the appropriate response to the medical and scientific needs of the customer. Develop appropriate Medical Action plans for assigned healthcare organizations.
• Ensure collaboration and a cross-functional team approach to meet customer medical needs with medical (MSLs, HEOR, Medical Dirs), when appropriate.
• Support the integration of customer insight in shaping medical strategies, tactics, tools, approaches and business intelligence.
• Provide insight, input and support towards development of Medical information and Health outcomes communication strategy and action planning for various healthcare organizations within the USMM (i.g. National MCOs and PBMs, LTC and other healthcare organizations).
• Provide input and support towards development of appropriate product specific tools and tactics that enhance the dissemination of key medical, scientific and health outcomes information.
• Provide input and support for the development and delivery of appropriate training tools /materials (e.g. product Dossier, Slide kits, articles, review summaries etc.).
• Training - Develop mechanisms to disseminate scientific and HEOR data to appropriate stakeholders. Internal training as needed for US Managed Markets (USMM) and other divisions.
Degrees: Doctoral degree - MD, PharmD, or PhD (clinical)
• Worked in the pharmaceutical industry for at least 5 years.
• Preferred: MBA, or MHA, or MPH
10 or more years experience as medical/clinical executive within Managed healthcare (i.e MCO, PBM, PPO, VA/DOD, LTC, etc) Preferred. Strong understanding of current US Healthcare system a must.
Strong clinical scientific expertise in multiple sclerosis and fully capable of articulating and teaching internal and external customers. Must pass internal MS certification prior to customer engagement.
• Broad knowledge of HEOR disciplines including drafting clinical HO documents (i.e. clinical protocols, clinical reports, integrated summaries and/or a clinical development plans) as well as an in-depth understanding of clinical statistics and evidenced based medicine.
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently
• Excellent strategic thinking.
• Clear demonstration of Business Acumen
• Demonstrates clear leadership and the ability to interact and work cross functionally.
• Ability to develop strong internal and external relationships.
• Travel 50% to 80% (this includes customer accounts as well as travel to HQ in Bridgewater, NJ and Cambridge, MA as needed). M*
Job : Medical Affairs
Primary Location : United States-Massachusetts-Cambridge
Job Posting : May 6, 2013
Shift : Day Job
Job Type : Regular
Employee Status : Regular
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Pharm./Biotech jobs in Boston, MA
View similar jobs:
Sr. Scientist - Oncology - In Vitro Pharmacology
AstraZeneca - Waltham, MA
Senior Scientist Chemistry - Chemical Biology (2 Positions Available)
AstraZeneca - Waltham, MA
Strategic Initiative Director
sanofi-aventis - Cambridge, MA
Locate this job: