Principal Business Systems Analyst (LIMS) Job Listing at Genzyme Corporation in Framingham, MA
Principal Business Systems Analyst (LIMS)-31594
Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research, collaboration with the global patient community, and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. Genzyme's portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represent ground breaking and life-saving advances in medicine. As a Sanofi company, Genzyme benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients. Learn more at www.genzyme.com.
Job Responsibilities/Department Description:
This Principal Business Systems Analyst (PBSA) position is in the Clinical Laboratory Science (CLS) division and supports a GLP CLIA compliant clinical laboratory. The PBSA serves as a liaison between CLS, Genzyme IT, and vendors in implementing and maintaining software applications and in devising business requirement driven solutions for these applications. The PBSA is also responsible for driving work plans and providing direction to project teams in order to meet the short and long term business goals of internal functional areas.
· As a member of the LIMS implementation team, participating in the process scoping, designing, configuring and validating the Thermo-Fisher LIMS.
· As a dedicated liaison between business users and application service providers for the Thermo-Fisher LIMS system.
· Develop functional IT requirements and specifications for new or upgraded software applications
· Create validation documentation and execute validation scripts
· Serve as a "super user", trainer, and technical/functional software support expert
· Assist in populating application configuration and metadata tables and migration of historical data
· Assist in testing , QA, and updating software products, new releases, enhancements, fixes, and maintenance
· Develop operational goals, create schedules, work plans and guidelines
· Coordinate decision making process
· Assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives
· Facilitate information flow between team members and senior management
· Serve as primary administrator for several desktop applications
· Create and maintain internally defined databases
· Manage external vendor relationships including issues notification and follow-up to resolution
· Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations and external vendors.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Business Administration and 9 or more years of related experience or Master's degree and 7 or more years related experience.
· 7 years experience working with relational databases, Oracle, SQL Server, or Access.
· Extensive experience with Software Development Lifecycle projects.
· Prior experience in database migration across applications.
· Extensive experience in software validation.
· Familiarity with Windows Operating System administration and IIS Web/Application server.
· Strong working knowledge of business processes and tools.
· Laboratory Information Systems experience.
· Capable of working independently to resolve issues and problems.
· Demonstrated verbal, written, and presentation skills.
· Proven ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment with tight timelines.
· Strong documentation skills.
Job : Information Technology
Primary Location : United States-Massachusetts-Framingham
Job Posting : Jan 14, 2013
Shift : Day Job
Job Type : Regular
Employee Status : Regular
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:IT-PM/BA jobs in Boston, MA
View similar jobs:
Robert Half Technology - BOSTON, MA
Data Matching Specialist
Commonwealth of Massachusetts - Boston, MA
EDP Systems Analyst III
Commonwealth of Massachusetts - Boston, MA
Locate this job: