Quality Inspector Senior Job Listing at Genzyme Corporation in Cambridge, MA
Quality Inspector Senior-31959
Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research, collaboration with the global patient community, and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. Genzyme's portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represent groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. As a Sanofi company, Genzyme benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients. Learn more at www.genzyme.com.
Quality Inspector Senior
We are currently seeking a Quality Inspector Senior position for our Biosurgery Division in our Cambridge location. This position will support all QC materials operations for approved and clinical trial cell therapy products in a fast paced GMP customer service based environment.
- Inspection, sampling, and release/rejection of components and raw materials as per SOP's and
specifications. Individual will monitor various stages of processing along with the appropriate
paperwork in compliance with specifications.
- Frequent interaction with internal departments and outside vendors when required.
- Support of Quality Control operations by performing basic laboratory responsibilities including
environmental monitoring, lab support, water testing, and sample send out to contract labs.
- Laboratory ordering and inventory management.
- Update and revise transactions in inventory management system.
- Flexible and responsive to customer needs.
- Master core responsibilities of a Quality Inspector II
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and
services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct
business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Genzyme a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its
people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings
and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 3+ years of related experience.
- Existing QC inspector II demonstrating mastery of the senior inspector competencies.
- Direct work experience in a cGMP and pharmaceutical/medical device quality inspection system.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Effective time management, multitasking and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail and cross functional team experience.
- Computer skills in systems such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Track-Wise, Plateau and web based software
- MFG/Pro experience.
Special Working Conditions:
- This position may be based in Cambridge MA or in Northborough MA and will require travel at times
between Cambridge and Framingham/Northborough warehouse locations as needed.
- Must be able to lift/pull up to 40 pounds.
- Personal transportation required.
- Weekend coverage.(as needed)
- Rotating holiday coverage.
- Rotating off-shift alarm coverage. Must carry a company issued cell phone.
Job : Quality
Primary Location : United States-Massachusetts-Cambridge
Job Posting : Feb 28, 2013
Shift : Day Job
Job Type : Regular
Employee Status : Regular
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Boston, MA
View similar jobs:
Spectraforce - Bedford, MA
Aerospace Engineering Intern
Spike Aerospace - Boston, MA
HEI Hotels & Resorts - Waltham, MA
Locate this job: