Corporate Procurement Manager Job Listing at Godiva in United States of America
Food, Beverage & Tobacco, Retail
Requisition Number: 1451
Area of Interest: Procurement
Relocation Possible: No
Posting Job Title: Corporate Procurement Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
Godiva Chocolatier is the world's premier chocolatier. We are the global leaders of the creation and distribution of super-premium chocolates worldwide. Godiva is available at any one of our boutiques, www.godiva.com, and through our catalogs.
Godiva sells its products through its retail stores, and through wholesale locations (including department stores, grocery/drug channels and worldwide duty-free), and Direct (including catalog and internet operations). The company selectively licenses the Godiva trademark (including Godiva Liquor from Diageo and Godiva Double Chocolate Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory). The company has approximately 4,000 employees around the world and is headquartered in New York, New York.
For over 80 years, Godiva Chocolatier has defined the art of fine chocolate making by selecting only the most superb ingredients. Godiva applies the same devotion to selecting and developing the best people.
As an employer of choice, Godiva Chocolatier values a rich assortment of people that want to work in a pleasant and energized setting. In exchange for your expertise and enthusiasm, we offer excellent career growth opportunities and a competitive salary.
Job Description: General Summary
Under the guidance of the North American Indirect Procurement Director, this position is responsible for the procurement of indirect services and commodities for the Retail Channel, Real Estate, Visual Merchandising (Wholesale and Retail Channel) and Travel areas as assigned for all locations in designated regions, ensuring quality of materials and services, competitive pricing, adherence to company policies, procurement processes and endeavors related to the operation of a proactive and strategic procurement function.
* Develop category management strategies for cost reduction or value enhancement that result in tangible benefits to the bottom line with sound knowledge on internal analysis and external market analysis
* Assess realized benefits from sourcing and develop improvement strategies and implementation plans
* Build and institutionalize market intelligence capabilities (people, database, information, analysis) within the category management team on key markets, suppliers and solutions worldwide (supplier benchmarking) to support strategy development purposes
* Stay abreast of leading edge procurement techniques and strategies and champion the use of formal category management techniques and processes within team
* Evaluate strategies based on changing market conditions and provide inputs during strategic sourcing activities, including internal and external analysis and negotiations
* Lead coaching and individual training/development for the team as required to build capability to deliver overall category objectives
* Continuously improve upon personal skills – adopting continuous learning and skill development and seeking feedback
* Serve as a change agent to drive Godiva strategic objectives and leverage relationships to drive results.
Bachelors Degree required
7-10 years experience
Ensure items and services are purchased in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Utilize category/commodity knowledge to support business objectives.
Evaluate and purchase materials and services at a competitive cost. Must be knowledgeable of commodity characteristics and marketplace cost drivers. Close interaction with Corporate, Business Channels and Supply Chain.
Set strategy, manage and evaluate acquisition process (Sourcing, Developing and Negotiating) ensuring competitiveness and limiting the risk to Godiva.
Lead cross functional groups to develop Productivity programs that deliver Enabler and Total Procurement Value (TPV) targets. (Category Management)
Develop and lead Supplier Relationship Management programs that focus on Quality, Productivity and Innovation.
Subject Matter Expert of category specific information on spend, supplier performance, user adoption and compliance, standards and specifications and industry benchmarks.
Promote value engineering analyses to support ongoing performance improvement and cost reduction.
Godiva and Supplier facility visitation.
Develop and actively promote Godiva's Diversity Strategy.
Effectively develop and manage direct reports.
Utilize ERP system for Contract Management.
* Manages large, complex, or multiple projects effectively
* Defines clear roles, responsibilities and expectations for core and extended team members and proactively manages against set goals
* Delegates to others in ways that ensure both freedom to act and appropriate support
* Stretches team perspective — faster, broader, deeper insights into issues and potential ramifications
* Brings intellectual leadership to the problem solving effort
* Ensures credible, actionable high impact recommendations
* Very powerful presenter
* Able to hear what was not said as easily as what was said
* Listens to learn — able to adapt communications 'on the fly' to what is being said
* Integrates purchasing strategy with other functional strategy in the business by ensuring that purchases input is considered in the development of business unit and supply chain strategies
* Influencing cross-functional partners with knowledge of the supply landscape to drive strategy
* Able to develop and drive holistic and multi-year strategies across industries and categories
* Influences long-term supplier technology and resource direction towards Godiva's needs
* Uses depth of knowledge to gain insights which produce competitive advantage
* Demonstrates the ability to create and manage extremely complex relationships
* Recognized by the business for providing robust supply base risk mitigation and opportunity management
* Brings in new industry trends and approaches
* Consistently achieves competitive advantage/beneficial outcome in complex negotiations
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully :
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Purchasing/Procurement jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Sourcing Manager - IT Risk & Global Data Center - Vice President
J.P. Morgan Chase - NY, New York
J.P. Morgan Chase - OH, Ohio
Reporting Manager - Contingent Worker Operational Center
J.P. Morgan Chase - NJ, New Jersey
Locate this job: