Director of NA Logistics Job Listing at Godiva in United States of America
Food, Beverage & Tobacco, Retail
Requisition Number: 1391
Area of Interest: Logistics
Relocation Possible: No
Posting Job Title: Director of NA Logistics
Position Type: Full-Time
Godiva Chocolatier is the world's premier chocolatier. We are the global leaders of the creation and distribution of super-premium chocolates worldwide. Godiva is available at any one of our boutiques, www.godiva.com, and through our catalogs.
Godiva sells its products through its retail stores, and through wholesale locations (including department stores, grocery/drug channels and worldwide duty-free), and Direct (including catalog and internet operations). The company selectively licenses the Godiva trademark (including Godiva Liquor from Diageo and Godiva Double Chocolate Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory). The company has approximately 4,000 employees around the world and is headquartered in New York, New York.
For over 80 years, Godiva Chocolatier has defined the art of fine chocolate making by selecting only the most superb ingredients. Godiva applies the same devotion to selecting and developing the best people.
As an employer of choice, Godiva Chocolatier values a rich assortment of people that want to work in a pleasant and energized setting. In exchange for your expertise and enthusiasm, we offer excellent career growth opportunities and a competitive salary.
Job Description: General Summary
Reporting to the VP of NA Supply Chain, the Director of Logistics is responsible for developing and implementing distribution and transportation strategies within the NA Supply Chain and solutions in support of meeting future and current customer needs. This leadership role will manage multiple 3PL networks (business to business and business to consumer) to optimize the distribution and warehouse infrastructure, as well as a multi-faceted NA transportation network. Position will also be responsible to lead and drive change through people, systems and process to continuously develop innovative supply chain solutions to ensure excellence in cost, quality and service.
This role is responsible for directly managing and developing the logistics and distribution teams, manages all 3PL arrangements as well as the NA transportation network servicing multiple channels of Retail, Wholesale and Direct.
Drives a continuous improvement culture - responsible for executing a portfolio of distribution and transportation logistics improvement projects to optimize distribution network, maximizing service levels while lowering total delivered costs
Mentors, develops and elevates the performance of direct staff. A key driver for performance management and an advocate of company culture (Our Way)
Responsible for maintaining inventory integrity, process controls, procedures and systems throughout the NA Distribution network
Oversight and directs work of transportation management team – Managing private fleet, pool distributors, consolidation programs, and carrier relationships (FTL, LTL and express)
Provides the analytical tools necessary for decision making which includes reporting metric trends to help drive the business.
Partners with procurement management for vendor management of inbound freight to ensure overall customer service levels, supply of materials in a timely manner while minimizing total costs.
Ensures compliance with international US laws and regulations related to import /export activities
BA/BS in Business, Operations or related field. MBA preferred.
A minimum of 10-15 years of experience in logistics management, inventory management, and / or operations management preferred. Supply chain management experience in progressively senior positions, operations experience is an asset. Extensive experience in managing 3PL distribution centers, coupled with the ability to drive change and ensure compliance at the highest levels across warehouse, inventory and transportation management disciplines. A minimum of eight years of experience managing a team preferred. Strong business acumen; understanding of consumption, inventory and production data and critical casual inputs. Ability to influence and incorporate feedback at high levels cross functionally (sales, marketing and finance), communicate effectively and be an agent for change. Solid understanding of logistics and manufacturing processes as well as inventory management principles.
* In depth knowledge of key supply chain/logistics processes & current best practices.
* Ability to quickly establish credibility and navigate across matrix organization while engaging others to ensure the most effective efficient logistics solutions for the varied business units with demonstrated expertise working with Retail, Wholesale Channels and experience working with Direct channel a plus
* Demonstrated experience in creating/upgrading the Logistics function in an organization of similar size and scope
* Flexibility to seek & incorporate input from others into the plan/solid track record for effectively managing/developing a team
* Capacity to build relationships internally & externally
* Strong ability to move between tactical and strategic aspects of business
* Confidence and success in problem resolution, resourcefulness and the ability to adjust to changes.
* Project management skills; ability to actively participate in and lead cross functional project team (internal), and to manage across supplier teams (external) for projects requiring multiple outside suppliers.
* Exceptional financial/ business literacy and analytical skills
* Written communications skills; ability to put into writing clearly, information that has only one interpretation.
* Oral communication skills; ability to both formally and informally present to peers and management, ability to develop logical arguments and voice them appropriately in all types of situations.
* Strong systems knowledge/capability to manage and integrate operating data
Experience with AS400, including good working knowledge of PRMS / PKMS
* Experience with Red Prairie or equivalent TMS system
* Basic understanding of value chain analysis and design is a plus
* Ability to work with different cultures and diverse teams throughout the organization
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully :
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Operations Manager II - IHG Army Hotels - Fort Drum
IHG - Fort Drum
PSG Management / Sales Training Program (Floorcovering)
Sherwin-Williams - United States of America
Marathon Oil - United States of America
Locate this job: