A&P Mechanic Job Listing at Goodyear in Gardena, CA (Job ID goodyear-2000020927510)
Automotive / Transport, Chemicals
Under the general direction of the Chief Airship Mechanic, performs more
simple maintenance and repair of airship powerplants, related control
accessories, and auxiliary equipment including; runs, adjusts, and
engine tune ups for flight. Assists other mechanics with maintenance and
repairs to radio, metal, and rigging.
Participates as a member of ground crew in launching and retrieving the
airship as required in a safe and acceptable manner, Drives ground
service equipment (GSE) bus, trucks, service van, and car. Tends to
airship pressure watch (helium/air) in rotation with coworkers.
Represent the company and Airship Operations in a professional and
* Requires good hearing, speech and vision.
* Utilizes own tools in maintenance and repair of airship.
* Current Airframe certification.
* Strong technical background (mechanical, electrical, and avionics).
* Technical reading and writing.
* Knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings and blueprints.
* Ability to work with tools associated with the position.
* Other HS&E training as required by Goodyear.
* Good Interpersonal and communication skills.
* Current Powerplant certification
* Ability to lift, pull, carry weights in excess of 100 lbs., climb, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, reach or work in elevated or confined positions (70 foot atop the airship or within the confines of the airship or envelop)
* May work in inclement weather (rain, snow, heat, wind, etc.)
* Ability to obtain a CDL
* 2 year related degree in aviation mechanics preferred
* Previous relevant experience in aviation/airship rigging preferred
* Previous relevant experience in aviation/airship mechanics
* Average computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes
* Must stay current on all related Federal and corporate policies and procedures (Fed Aviation Regs, Advisory)
* Travel extensively for extended periods of time (4-6 months is possible) and work non-standard and flexible hours
* High school diploma or GED
* Maintains and repairs the airship on a daily basis as needed. This includes the airframe and power plant, envelope and cabling. May assist in the airship rebuild/erection of airships. May assist in rigging duties including patch tests, re-cabling, decaling, painting, etc.
* Inspects all maintenance and repairs including avionics, airframe, powerplant and metal to assure compliance with FAA instructions, requirements and regulations. This includes Goodyear and manufacturer's requirements including 50 hour and semi annual inspections. FAA inspections include 100 hour and annual inspections.
* Maintains all required records of maintenance and repair to the airship as required by company policy and FAA regulations.
* Represent the company and airship operations in a positive, friendly and professional manner in the course of providing rides and attending events. Interaction is typically with Goodyear customers, guests, visitors and media.
* Participates as a crew member. This includes assisting in the safe handling of the airship and passengers. Also includes driving the ground service equipment (GSE) bus, trucks, service van and car (CDL preferred). Tends airship (pressure watch) in rotation in order to maintain a safe masting condition including: security, proper trim, pressure and ballasting and cleanliness of both airship and GSE.
Location CA, Gardena
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Aviation/Aerospace jobs in Orange County, CA
View similar jobs:
JetBlue Airways - Long Beach, CA
Kelly Services - Lake Forest, CA
Medical Sheriff - Los Angeles, CA
Locate this job: