Future Opportunities - A & P Mechanic Job Listing at Goodyear in Mogadore, OH (Job ID goodyear-2000002975710)
Automotive / Transport, Chemicals
Future Opportunities - A & P Mechanic
Under the general direction of the Chief Airship Mechanic, performs more
simple maintenance and repair of airship powerplants, related control
accessories, and auxiliary equipment including; runs, adjusts, and
engine tune ups for flight. Assists other mechanics with maintenance and
repairs to radio, metal, and rigging.
Participates as a member of ground crew in launching and retrieving the
airship as required in a safe and acceptable manner, Drives ground
service equipment (GSE) bus, trucks, service van, and car. Tends to
airship pressure watch (helium/air) in rotation with coworkers.
Represent the company and Airship Operations in a professional and
* Ability to obtain a CDL
* Current Powerplant certification
* Current Airframe certification.
* 2 year related degree in aviation mechanics preferred
* High school diploma or GED
* Previous relevant experience in aviation/airship rigging preferred
* Previous relevant experience in aviation/airship mechanics
* Good Interpersonal and communication skills.
* Other HS&E training as required by Goodyear.
* Ability to work with tools associated with the position.
* Knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings and blueprints.
* Technical reading and writing.
* Strong technical background (mechanical, electrical, and avionics).
* Travel extensively for extended periods of time (4-6 months is possible) and work non-standard and flexible hours
* Must stay current on all related Federal and corporate policies and procedures (Fed Aviation Regs, Advisory)
* Requires good hearing, speech and vision.
* May work in inclement weather (rain, snow, heat, wind, etc.)
* Ability to lift, pull, carry weights in excess of 100 lbs., climb, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, reach or work in elevated or confined positions (70 foot atop the airship or within the confines of the airship or envelop)
* Average computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes
* Utilizes own tools in maintenance and repair of airship.
* Maintains and repairs the airship on a daily basis as needed. This includes the airframe and power plant, envelope and cabling. May assist in the airship rebuild/erection of airships. May assist in rigging duties including patch tests, re-cabling, decaling, painting, etc.
* Inspects all maintenance and repairs including avionics, airframe, powerplant and metal to assure compliance with FAA instructions, requirements and regulations. This includes Goodyear and manufacturer's requirements including 50 hour and semi annual inspections. FAA inspections include 100 hour and annual inspections.
* Maintains all required records of maintenance and repair to the airship as required by company policy and FAA regulations.
* Represent the company and airship operations in a positive, friendly and professional manner in the course of providing rides and attending events. Interaction is typically with Goodyear customers, guests, visitors and media.
* Participates as a crew member. This includes assisting in the safe handling of the airship and passengers. Also includes driving the ground service equipment (GSE) bus, trucks, service van and car (CDL preferred). Tends airship (pressure watch) in rotation in order to maintain a safe masting condition including: security, proper trim, pressure and ballasting and cleanliness of both airship and GSE.
Location OH, Mogadore
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Automotive jobs in Cleveland, OH
View similar jobs:
Diesel Mechanic/Technician III Entry Level
Penske - Middlefield, OH
Technical Development Trainer - Diesel Technicians - (MI,OH,IN,KY)
Penske - Cleveland, OH
Customer Service Representative (Fueler/Washer/Detailer) - Part-Time
Penske - Middlefield, OH
Locate this job: