Future Opportunities - Assistant Service Manager Job Listing at Goodyear in Cleveland Heights, OH
Automotive / Transport, Chemicals
Future Opportunities - Assistant Service Manager
Description The Assistant Service Manager is able to manage the service department
by effectively scheduling service appointments, assist associates in
ordering & organizing work within company policies and guidelines. The
Assistant Service Manager will ensure: a safe & clean store environment
, positive, long term customer relations & associate satisfaction. The
Assistant Service Manager is able to deliver quality work on time, every
time to customers, drive vehicles, and complete additional projects as
assigned by the Service Manager. Assist with training and development
of service department associates which includes on boarding, auto
service skills training as well as career development.
* High School diploma or GED.
* Valid driver's license required.
* Schedule will typically cover when Service Manager is not working and includes evenings and Sundays.
* Bachelor's degree in Business or related field desired.
* 6 months or more experience in the tire industry or automotive field or equivalent business experience required
* The knowledge needed includes: the fundamental understanding of automotive systems, tire and service selling techniques, and fundamental business concepts.
* Additionally, an understanding of the tire and auto service industry and the effects of competition.
* Ability to bend, twist, reach, climb, pull, push, stand and squat.
* Ability to communicate effectively with customer, associates and management.
* Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
* Ensure effective tire sales process and proper service estimates are delivered to the customer. Follow purchasing programs for parts and services. Communicate tire and service needs though invoice processing. Conduct work consistent with manufacturer's specifications and MAP guidelines. Maintain price discipline, utilizing Goodyear pricing guidelines for parts and labor. Able to assist with controlling service expenses such as overtime, locally purchased parts and expense items. Contribute to achieving sales units and profit AOP objectives.
* Deliver customer satisfaction. Comply with Motorist Assurance Program (MAP) communication and vehicle inspection procedure. Ensure the work is being done in accordance with "The Goodyear Way" standards. Ensure the customer is communicated throughout the service experience to promote an experience that exceeds their expectations.
* Ensure that the PIMS (Parts Inventory Management System) is being used properly. Control and protect the assets of the Company by maintaining awareness of inventory levels. Ensure that parts management guidelines are followed. Ensure that service bays, parts/tire room, parking lot, and company vehicles are clean, organized, and well maintained per the Housekeeping & Merchandising process.
* Assist with training new and existing associates through utilization of the online and training methods. The Assistant Service Manager is expected to assist associates in technical areas as needed, facilitate effective communications throughout the store working closely with the Service Manager. Maintain a clean and safe environment, ensure that all safety guidelines are followed by associates, including but not limited to safety glasses, wearing gloves, "Good to Go" and grooming standards. Ensure effective communication and accountability of policies and procedures to associates.
* Developmental opportunity to transition into Service Manager based on performance. Assistant Service Manager is a transitional title over a 2 year period of time.
Business Line Retail
Location OH, Cleveland Heights
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Customer Service jobs in Cleveland, OH
View similar jobs:
We are looking for a Personal assistant/Representative,sales/customer services in the state
jack willson - akron, OH
Patient Service Representative
Aspen Dental - Greater Cleveland Area, OH
Patient Service Representative
Aspen Dental - Fairlawn, OH
Locate this job: