Future Opportunities - Automotive Technician Job Listing at Goodyear in New Britain, CT
Automotive / Transport, Chemicals
Future Opportunities - Automotive Technician
Description The Automotive Technician is responsible for being able to
professionally inspect, repair and maintain services under MAP
guidelines to promote Goodyear's high customer satisfaction levels. The
Automotive Technician performs work as outlined on the repair order with
efficiency and accuracy in accordance with dealerships, factory and
Goodyear standards. The Automotive Technician works with lube and oil
filter, transmission service, alignment, computer systems diagnosis,
tune-up, brake systems, steering and suspension. The Auto Tech must
explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical
individuals which may include other associates and customers, as
required and continuously learn new technical information and techniques
in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly
changing automotive technology. The Auto Tech does work The Goodyear
Way according to Goodyear's policies and procedures. The Auto Tech must
continually adapt to a changing technologies and repair techniques as
vehicles become more sophisticated. Assists in training and with the
shadowing process. Maintains an organized service department.
* Valid driver's license is required
* High school diploma or GED
* Two years of experience or more in mechanical/auto repair related work.
* Experience working with vehicles and good mechanical skills.
* Past experience in working with organizations that maintain world class standards in the areas of sales, customer service, safety and housekeeping.
* Basic math skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively with customer, associates and management.
* Ability to be a self starter and detail orientated.
* Must be reliable and able to work a flexible schedule depending on business needs
* Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
* Ability to bend, twist, reach, climb, pull, push, stand and squat.
* Drives customers vehicles onto hoist or jacks in preparation for removing wheels from vehicles or fitting new tire to wheel. Follow established processes in performing Goodyear's standardized Vehicle Maintenance Inspection.
* Follows established company and MAP guidelines in performing Goodyear's standardized auto inspections and eliminates comebacks or returns. Driving guest vehicles is an essential function of the job.
* Completes training assignments and performs work The Goodyear Way. Keeps management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur. Observes safety and liability guidelines and policies. The Automotive Technician must complete additional projects as assigned by the Manager.
* Performs all duties the General Maintenance Technician (GMT) and General Service (GS) positions while maintaining a clean and professional workplace.
* Meets all standards for Automotive Technicians including experiences in brakes, lube and oil filter, transmission service, alignment, computer systems diagnosis, tune up, brake systems and steering and suspension.
Business Line Retail
Location CT, New Britain
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Automotive jobs in Connecticut Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Ryder - Hartford, CT
Fueler / Truck Wash
Ryder - Hartford, CT
General Maintenance Technician
Cumberland Farms - Hartford, CT
Locate this job: