Future Opportunities - Commercial Tire Service Technician Job Listing at Goodyear in Indianapolis, IN (Job ID goodyear-2000002599610)
Automotive / Transport, Chemicals
Future Opportunities - Commercial Tire Service Technician
Description As a Commercial Service Technician you will work at a Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers location and be responsible for all aspects of tire and related service and repair for the commercial trucking industry including but not limited to:
- Dismount and mount any type of tire on drop center, semi-drop center and multi-piece rims.
- Determine repairable tire conditions and make such repairs.
- Remove tires for retreading or repair.
- Match mating of dual assemblies.
- Inflation of tires to prescribed PSI per load requirements.
- Clean and maintain service equipment.
- Proper execution of required billing documents.
- Proper maintenance of assigned service vehicle including appearance as well as on board service equipment.
The qualified individual must be willing and able to drive a service vehicle to where a customer is having a problem, and be able to repair or replace their tire(s) as needed. Job duties may be performed at the Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers location, at customer locations and on service calls on the side of a highway. This position operates in all types of indoor and outdoor work environments, therefore exposure to heat and cold is to be expected.
Excellent safety and attendance performance is expected.
* Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
* * Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
* * Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
* * Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
* * Must be willing to perform service calls on nights and/or weekends on a rotating basis.
* * High School Diploma or GED preferred.
* * At least 3 months of relevant service experience is preferred.
* * Good oral and written communication ability.
* * Must be able to pass a background check including employment history, SSN verification, criminal history, etc.
* * Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug test (hair-based).
* * Must have a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet commercial driver qualification requirements, including be at least 21 years of age.
Business Line Commercial
Location IN, Indianapolis
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:TV/Film/Video/Radio jobs in Indianapolis, IN
View similar jobs:
Video Production Manager
USAC Racing - Speedway, IN
Scheduling Coordinator Job
HD Supply - Indianapolis, IN
Senior Instructional Designer for Multiple Audience Projects (MAPS)
American Express - Indianapolis, IN
Locate this job: