Future Opportunities - Diesel Technician Job Listing at Goodyear in Boonville, MO (Job ID goodyear-2000005552210)
Automotive / Transport, Chemicals
Future Opportunities - Diesel Technician
Description As a Pilot Level 1 Technician you will work in a Pilot Truck Care Center which is an "on-highway" location providing light mechanical service and tire service to the Commercial Trucking industry. You will perform at least 4 of the repairs listed on commercial highway trucks and trailers:
- Electrical Wiring & Lights
- Brakes & Air System
- Driveline & Suspension
- Air Conditioning
- Engine Cooling & Radiator
- Fuel System
You will also:
- Understand and adhere to all safety standards
- Ensure facility is “sparkling clean” in all aspects at all times
- Perform all other duties as assigned
The qualified individual must be willing and able to drive a service vehicle to where a customer is having a problem, and be able to repair or replace their tire(s) or perform light mechanical service as needed. Job duties may be performed at the location, at customer locations and on service calls on the side of a highway.
This position may be scheduled to work shifts including: days, typically beginning at 7:00 AM; evenings beginning at 3:00 PM; and nights beginning at 11:00 PM.
This job pays a base hourly wage and an additional commission based on service labor sales.
This position operates in all types of indoor and outdoor work environments, therefore exposure to heat and cold is to be expected.
Excellent safety and attendance performance is expected.
* Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
* Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
* Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
* Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred.
* At least 1 year of relevant commercial truck service experience is preferred.
* At least 1 relevant ASE Certification is required (dependent upon tech level).
* Must possess socket & wrench sets 3/8" and 1/2" drive up to 1 ½", screwdrivers and pliers. Torque wrench ½" drive.
* Good oral and written communication ability.
* Must be willing to work scheduled shifts including nights and weekends.
* Must be able to pass a background check including employment history, SSN verification, criminal history, etc.
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug test (hair-based).
* Must have a valid driver''s license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet commercial driver qualification requirements, including be at least 21 years of age.
Business Line Commercial
Location MO, Boonville
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Missouri Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Speech Language Pathologist - SNF- Gainesville, MO- part time
RehabCare - Gainesville, MO
Room Attendant - IHG Army Hotels - Fort Leonard Wood, MO
IHG - St Roberts, MO
Assembler of Custom Surgical Procedure Trays
Kelly Services - Springfield, MO
Locate this job: