Future Opportunities - Electronics Technician Job Listing at Goodyear in Gardena, CA (Job ID goodyear-2000002976810)
Automotive / Transport, Chemicals
Future Opportunities - Electronics Technician
Airship Crew - ship handling, standing watch, Airship and vehicle ground
support, drive ground vehicles. All crew is responsible for public
relations with passengers, customers as well as media contacts.
Build, repair and maintain airship parts in the areas of avionics,
electronics (day/night sign) and television and computer technology.
Operate and design graphics and video animation for the day/night sign.
Set-up, trouble-shoot and operate TV equipment. Perform related duties
as directed by management as required.
* Commercial Driver License, Airframe license, and General Radio Telephone License (FCC) preferred
* Certified Electronic Technician preferred
* Ability to obtain CDL
* Current/valid operators license
* Ability to obtain FCC general license (GROL) within 6 months of employment
* High school degree or equivalent
* 2 year relevant technical degree preferred
* Technical background (mechanical, electronics, avionics, TV broadcast, computer technology)
* Previously demonstrated related experience in electronics or radio or TV broadcast or avionics or computer technology
* Previous relevant experience in computer graphics
* Good interpersonal and communications skills
* Knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings and blueprints, be able to work with the tools associated with it
* Technical reading and writing skills
* Other HS&E training as required by Goodyear.
* Must be able to work in indoor/outdoor weather extremes (hot/cold temperatures)- tends airship during inclement weather conditions (wind, rain, thunderstorms, etc)
* Ability to stand, walk, crawl, pull, lift (up to 100 lbs.), stoop, crouch, run, kneel, reach and work in elevated spaces.
* Work is performed at heights ranging from floor top of buildings, climbs of 70 feet; and work platforms including ladders, scaffolds, scissor lift and lifting chair
* Vision, hearing and speech proficiency within normal limitations
* Above-average computer skills, including Microsoft Office and computer graphics software
* Participates as a crew member. This includes assisting in the safe handling of the airship and passengers. Also includes driving the ground service equipment (GSE) bus, trucks, service van and car (CDL preferred). Tends airship (pressure watch) in rotation in order to maintain a safe masting condition including: security, proper trim, pressure and ballasting and cleanliness of both airship and GSE.
* Work independently with communications and navigation equipment, radar, power generation, electrical systems and all wiring systems in the airship. Also assist with all wiring and electrical systems in the ground equipment. This includes all electrical work up to needing a licensed electrician. Trouble shooting is a major part of the work.
* Ensure proper operation of day and night signs. Repair, replace and install sign hardware as needed. Program text and animation programs for airship aerial signs. Participate in problem solving and help with recommendations and implementation of upgrades for both hardware and software.
* Participate in the scheduling and unpacking, assembling, dismantling, and adjusting all equipment at telecast site. Set up receive sites and operate receiver equipment. Operate the camera and microwave equipment during network television productions. Assist in frequency and microwave coordination for TV events.
* Participates in public affairs aspects of the assignment which include (VIP's, media, and general public) answering questions and providing information which reflects the company in a positive and favorable manner.
* Assist the crew as necessary to assure safe operation of the airship and success at events.
Location CA, Gardena
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Los Angeles, CA
View similar jobs:
Wholesale Credit Prgm analyst
Wells Fargo - Santa Monica, CA
NP-PICU - Los Angeles, CA
Valley Healthcare Systems - Los Angeles, CA
Room Attendant (Part Time) - Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Int'l Airport Hotel
IHG - Los Angeles, CA
Locate this job: