Future Opportunities - Manufacturing Technician (Retread) Job Listing at Goodyear in Anchorage, AK
Automotive / Transport, Chemicals
Future Opportunities - Manufacturing Technician (Retread)
Description Wingfoot Commercial Tire Systems, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company. Wingfoot is the commercial tire sales, service and retreading market leader with over 180 Wingfoot Commercial Tire Centers and Wingfoot Truck Care Centers located across the United States. We have the unique ability to service the largest nation-wide commercial fleets while also providing friendly hometown service to regional and local fleets. Our mission statement is "SERVICE EXCELLENCE - ALWAYS".
Wingfoot offers a safe work environment, competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, prescription drug and dental plans, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays. If you are looking for more than a job, then apply today to begin your career with the commercial tire market leader!
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a Wingfoot Retread Technician you will perform retreading functions for light and medium truck, bus and specialty tires. This position functions in a manufacturing environment at a Wingfoot Commercial Tire facility where commercial truck tires are retreaded through a series of manual and automated processes including:
- Inspecting and buffing tire carcasses for retreading.
- Applying rubber compounds to retread the tire.
- Curing retreaded tires.
- Quality control of finished product.
- Any other duties requested by management.
This position operates in an indoor environment however exposure to heat is to be expected in the summer months.
Excellent safety and attendance performance is expected.
* Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
* Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
* Must be goal oriented and able to consistently meet quality and production requirements.
* Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
* Some shift work and/or work on Saturdays may be required.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred.
* Previous manufacturing experience is strongly preferred but not required.
* Must be able to pass a background check including employment history, SSN verification, criminal history, etc.
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug test (hair-based).
Business Line Manufacturing
Location AK, Anchorage
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Manufacturing jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Strongwell - Bristol, VA
Production Supervisor #45317
Byrnes & Rupkey, Inc. - Clear Lake, IA
CADD Designer (Unigraphics/NX)
Specialized Recruiting Group-Rochester - Rochester, MN
Locate this job: