Future Opportunities - Service Manager Job Listing at Goodyear in Claymont, DE (Job ID goodyear-2000004552210)
Automotive / Transport, Chemicals
Future Opportunities - Service Manager
Description The Service Manager is responsible for managing the service department
by effectively scheduling technicians and service appointments. To meet
budgeted objectives in the areas of sales, units and profitability
within company policies and guidelines. To assist technicians in daily
work routines. To maintain a safe and clean store environment with
first class facilities and state of the art equipment at minimal capital
outlay. To maintain customer relations to ensure long term growth in
sales and profits. To maintain customer and associate satisfaction.
Deliver quality work on time every time to customers. To train and
develop service department associates by ensuring that all on boarding
and career development is identified and made available to performing
associates. The Service Manager must complete additional projects as
assigned by the Manager. Driving guest vehicles is an essential function
of the job.
* High school diploma or GED
* 1+ yrs of Management experience or the equivalent
* Valid driver's license is required
* Must be at least 18 years old
* Ability to lift an object weighing up to 60 pounds.
* Required to maintain a clean and safe environment. Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed by associates, such as safety glasses and grooming standards. Enforce and communicate policies and procedures to associates. Address violations of policy immediately.
* Achieve sales, units and profit budgeted objectives. Ensure a proper service estimates are delivered to the customer. Work to achieve or exceed target AOP (Annual Operating Plan). Follow purchasing programs for parts and services. Communicate and monitor progress to store team members. Communicate tire and service needs through invoice processing. To conduct work consistent with manufacturer's specifications and MAP guidelines. Maintain price discipline, CML and labor billed per PIMS system. Assist in controlling service expenses such as overtime, locally purchased parts and expense items.
* Deliver customer satisfaction. Comply with Motorist Assurance Program (MAP) communication and vehicle inspection procedure. Ensure the work is being done in accordance with "The Goodyear Way" standards. Ensure the customer is communicated throughout the service experience to promote an experience that exceeds their expectations.
* Ensure that the PIMS (Parts Inventory Management System) is being used properly. Control and protect the assets of the Company by maintaining awareness of inventory levels. Ensure that parts management guidelines are followed. Ensure that service bays, parts/tire room, parking lot, and company vehicles are clean, organized, and well maintained per the Housekeeping & Merchandising process.
* Develop and train new and existing associates, utilizing the online training center as well as the available classroom training such as the Tire Academy. The Service Manager is expected to assist associates in technical areas as needed. Should facilitate effective communications throughout the store working closely with the Store Manager. Assist in the onboarding and shadowing process. Should ensure that all associates record time and attendance in KRONOS.
Business Line Retail
Location DE, Claymont
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Customer Service jobs in Philadelphia, PA
View similar jobs:
Customer Service Lead
NFI - Pennsauken, NJ
Service Sales Representative - Uniform (4 day work week)
Cintas - Philadelphia, PA
Customer Service Specialist I
Office Depot - Allentown, PA
Locate this job: