Future Opportunities - Service Manager Job Listing at Goodyear in Lafayette, LA
Automotive / Transport, Chemicals
Future Opportunities - Service Manager
Description The Service Manager is responsible for managing the service department by effectively scheduling technicians and service appointments. To meet budgeted objectives in the areas of sales, units and profitability within company policies and guidelines. To assist technicians in daily work routines. To maintain a safe and clean store environment with first class facilities and state of the art equipment at minimal capital outlay. To maintain customer relations to ensure long term growth in sales and profits. To maintain customer and associate satisfaction. Deliver quality work on time every time to customers. To train and develop service department associates by ensuring that all on boarding and career development is identified and made available to performing associates. The Service Manager must complete additional projects as assigned by the Manager. Driving guest vehicles is an essential function of the job.
* High school diploma or GED
* 1+ yrs of Management experience or the equivalent
* Valid driver's license is required
* Must be at least 18 years old
* Ability to lift an object weighing up to 60 pounds.
* Recruit, interview and train new associates. Develop industry leading team of sales and service associates. Ensure that all pre-employment documentation is completed, including the employment application, application register and other compliance documents. Ensure that background check and medical clearance is processed same day or within one day of extending job offer with acceptance. Conduct annual performance evaluations for all associates. Coach, counsel and discipline unsatisfactory performers. Establish on-boarding and shadowing processes that are followed by all associates.
* Ensure that all customers are greeted promptly and professionally. Handle all customer complaints with top priority. Ensure time commitments to customers are met. Ensure Good to Go and other processes are in place to ensure quality. Housekeeping to the standards including restrooms. Clean the customer lounge and restroom daily. Sales staff must be trained and knowledgeable about the tire lines and computer literate enough to check sizes and availability. Maintain " Best in Class" housekeeping and merchandising standards to ensure the comfort of customers. Follow SMG requirements.
* Manually record semi annual inventories. Interpret inventory results and make required corrections. Take manual tire counts minimally once a month. Ensure stocking level of parts are adjusted as needed. Be aware of inventory turn cycles and make adjustments as needed to ensure proper turn cycles. Ensure slow or non-moving parts are returned to the parts supplier. Ensure tires and parts are accurately received and entered into GBMS and KRONOS. Ensure that adequate stock is available to conduct business. Be aware of obsolete and shopworn item. Properly promote and sell slow moving items. Be aware of discontinued or used tires and parts. Ensure tire receipt/ transfer documents are accurate and signed by associate and manager.
* Weekly and frequent check of the stock room to ensure inventory is available for sales. Ensure that store alarm codes are not shared and are updated when an associate leaves or is added. Make sure locks are changed when associates are no longer employed at the location. Merchandise in the showroom should be clean and neatly arranged. Keep outside displays clean, current and complete. Ensure that the store opens and closes properly regardless of staffing levels. Ensure adjustment tires are processed as per policy.
* Conduct store meetings to communicate sales objectives and results. Monitor associate productivity of tire sales and technician productivity. Ensure compliance to all local sales initiatives - local solicitations, customer call backs, telephone techniques and other initiatives. Drive sales during local promotions and events. Ensure that sales targets are met or exceeded. Ensure that daily sales totals are properly recorded on the appropriate financial documents and that sales revenue is deposited at the end of business. Reviews invoices daily to identify opportunities for growing the business. Must be computer literate and quickly learn the GBMS and KRONOS systems. Set goals with associates and hold them accountable.
Business Line Retail
Location LA, Lafayette
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Customer Service jobs in Louisiana Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
AT&T Customer Support Specialist Baton Rouge
AT&T - Baton Rouge, LA
Customer Service Specialist I
Office Depot - LAFAYETTE, LA
Customer Service Specialist I
Office Depot - Gonzales, LA
Locate this job: