Future Opportunities - Tire & Lube Technician Job Listing at Goodyear in Jackson, MS (Job ID goodyear-2000005554910)
Automotive / Transport, Chemicals
Future Opportunities - Tire & Lube Technician
Description As a Lube/Tire Technician you will work in a Pilot Truck Care Center which is an "on-highway" location providing light mechanical service and tire service to the Commercial Trucking industry. You will perform the following service on commercial highway trucks and trailers:
- Tire Service – Repair, replacement, mounting and balancing.
- Preventive Maintenance – Complete lube, oil change, filter service and brake adjustment.
- Coolant System – Drain & fill.
You will also:
- Understand and adhere to all safety standards
- Ensure facility is “sparkling clean” in all aspects at all times
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
This position may be scheduled to work shifts including: days, typically beginning at 7:00 AM; evenings beginning at 3:00 PM; and nights beginning at 11:00 PM.
This job pays a base hourly wage and an additional commission based on service labor sales.
This position operates in all types of indoor and outdoor work environments, therefore exposure to heat and cold is to be expected.
Excellent safety and attendance performance is expected.
* Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
* Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
* Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
* Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred.
* At least 3 months of relevant commercial truck service experience is preferred.
* TIA Certification preferred (dependent upon tech level).
* Must possess wrenches from 1/4" to 3/4" and screwdrivers.
* Good oral and written communication ability.
* Must be willing to work scheduled shifts including nights and weekends.
* Must be able to pass a background check including employment history, SSN verification, criminal history, etc.
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug test (hair-based).
Business Line Commercial
Location MS, Jackson
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Mississippi Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Supportive Living Program Director
The MENTOR Network - MS
Customer Support Specialist (CC)
AT&T - Ridgeland, MS
Day Service Program Director
The MENTOR Network - MS
Locate this job: