Future Opportunities - Tire & Lube Technician Job Listing at Goodyear in Gulfport, MS (Job ID goodyear-2000010423710)
Automotive / Transport, Chemicals
Future Opportunities - Tire & Lube Technician
Description Wingfoot Commercial Tire Systems, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company. Wingfoot is the commercial tire sales, service and retreading market leader with over 180 Wingfoot Commercial Tire Centers and Wingfoot Truck Care Centers located across the United States. We have the unique ability to service the largest nation-wide commercial fleets while also providing friendly hometown service to regional and local fleets. Our mission statement is "SERVICE EXCELLENCE - ALWAYS".
Wingfoot offers a safe work environment, competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, prescription drug and dental plans, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays. If you are looking for more than a job, then apply today to begin your career with the commercial tire market leader!
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a Lube/Tire Technician you will work in a Wingfoot Truck Care Center which is an "on-highway" location providing light mechanical service and tire service to the Commercial Trucking industry. You will perform the following service on commercial highway trucks and trailers:
- Tire Service - Repair, replacement, mounting and balancing.
- Preventive Maintenance - Complete lube, oil change, filter service and brake adjustment.
- Coolant System - Drain & fill.
You will also:
- Understand and adhere to all safety standards
- Ensure facility is "sparkling clean" in all aspects at all times
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
This position may be scheduled to work shifts including: days, typically beginning at 7:00 AM; evenings beginning at 3:00 PM; and nights beginning at 11:00 PM.
This job pays a base hourly wage and an additional commission based on service labor sales.
This position operates in all types of indoor and outdoor work environments, therefore exposure to heat and cold is to be expected.
Excellent safety and attendance performance is expected.
* Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
* Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
* Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
* Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred.
* At least 3 months of relevant commercial truck service experience is preferred.
* TIA Certification preferred (dependent upon tech level).
* Must possess wrenches from 1/4" to 3/4" and screwdrivers.
* Good oral and written communication ability.
* Must be willing to work scheduled shifts including nights and weekends.
* Must be able to pass a background check including employment history, SSN verification, criminal history, etc.
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug test (hair-based).
Business Line Commercial
Location MS, Gulfport
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Mississippi Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
McDonald's - Batesville, MS
McDonald's - Holly Springs, MS
OT for PRN Hours
Genesis Rehabilitation - Meridian, MS
Locate this job: