General Manager, Interactive Marketing Job Listing at Goodyear in Akron, OH
Automotive / Transport, Chemicals
General Manager, Interactive Marketing
Join Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company as part of the Consumer Marketing Team as General Manager -- Interactive Marketing. We are looking for a strong interactive marketing leader that is a creative problem solver with a passion to reinvent an industry. Join the Goodyear Interactive Marketing team and lead our interactive efforts alongside our award winning Interactive Agency, Digitas
The person taking this position will play a key role in accelerating Goodyear to be best in class in how we leverage the internet to promote and sell our products. The General Manager will be expected to create and manage integrated marketing efforts that span: i) consumer websites, ii) interactive advertising -- search & display, iii) social media, iv) promotion, and v) analytics across our distribution footprint including Brand and Retailers to deliver our volume & profit goals
A passion for, and experience in, delivering results and building creative new tools that deliver against the entire consumer purchase funnel is a must. Ability to be a data driven decision making, marketing innovator, and strong collaborator in building working relationships with agencies and cross-functional teams will distinguish the winning candidate for this role
Goodyear is committed to reinventing the way we go to market through leveraging interactive capabilities. Join the legacy of Goodyear and be a part of an outstanding team where you can share your talents and passion for innovation
Principal Responsibilities to include:
* Develop and execute strategies for all NAT consumer tire websites including Goodyear, Dunlop, Kelly, USA and Canada
* Lead the development of dealer extensions such as inventory, pricing, appointment scheduling, ratings and reviews and e-commerce
* Establish and manage external and internal interactive marketing and web development teams
* Effectively issue strategic direction to agency partners via briefs, creative feedback etc
* Create new best practices for how Goodyear leverages search engines and display advertising to target in-market shoppers
* Lead the creation and operation of an International Committee to guide and support all Goodyear worldwide interactive capabilities
* Own the investment of marketing funds, including ROI analysis and year on year efficiency improvements
Bachelor level degree.
* MBA / MA desired.
* Minimum 10 years experience in interactive and web initiatives.
* Proven success at a company where interactive/e-commerce were integral to success and key company strategies/investment.
* Experienced interactive marketer.
* Strong analytical skills in pulling meaning from various sources of data.
* Has experience developing and delivering scheduled reporting of results to all business levels to communicate performance of interactive programs and initiatives.
* Hands on knowledge of web front-end (usability, wireframes, design) and back- end (programming, database, serving) best practices is essential.
* First hand experience working in robust web analytics and targeting platforms such as Monitored and Test and Target; SERP display platforms such as Endeca and Ad Serving technology.
* Strong understanding of optimization techniques involving A-B and multivariate testing.
* Ability to assess back-end systems and link various platforms.
* Extensive background in Interactive Marketing knowledge, with hands-on experience in different channels.
* Must have complete comprehension of industry accepted measurements.
* Must have experience in project management and application of those skills as a business owner.
* Must be able to work independently leveraging agency/vendor partners to accomplish goals as well as understand how to build a core team of internal experts.
* Meticulous attention to detail, while handling multiple responsibilities
Tasks * Lead all technical web development actives. Will identify projects and priorities for internal and external development teams. As a web systems expert, will drive decisions and overcome challenges inherent to integrating Goodyear and third party systems to interactive platforms (such as point of sale, inventory, CRM, warranty registration, fitments, etc)
* Develop and sell to executive management the organizations rolling five year roadmap, Interactive AOP and supporting budgets for all North America Tire Consumer web development and interactive marketing activities
* Develop Goodyear's position and plans for how Goodyear will participate in the Social web. Educate Goodyear legal and executive management on the benefits and pitfalls of playing in this space. Identify, hire and manage top notch partners to execute strategy while fully integrated into Corporate Communications and Brand Marketing
* Lead efforts between Creative, Brand, and Tech teams to implement new marketing campaigns and interactive initiatives in a timely manner. This includes the management of web front-end (usability, wireframes, design) and back-end (programming, database, serving) activities along with site usability, testing practices, quality assurance activities and deployments.
* Develop strategy for Search Engine Marketing programs including annual marketing budget. Measure and reporting. Develop on-going search engine optimization (SEO) programs. Run SEO campaigns and set annual marketing budgets. Measure and track organic site traffic. Develop and manage analytics platforms and testing strategies.
Business Line Consumer
Location OH, Akron
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Marketing/Ad/PR jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Business Process Analyst Sr.
Chase - DE, Delaware
Retail Market Manager
FMC - Grand Forks, ND
Retail Market Manager - 6002
FMC - Lincoln, NE
Locate this job: