Human Resource Manager (Future Opportunities) Job Listing at Goodyear in United States of America
Automotive / Transport, Chemicals
Human Resource Manager (Future Opportunities)
Description Lead the plant HR department by driving world class HR strategies and
systems around safety, staffing, labor relations, training, and
organizational development. Promote plant's vision, mission statement
Lead organizational development for the plant. Ensure the organization
is staffed with innovative, high-performing team members with a focus on
continuous improvement. Maintain active involvement in the succession
and career-planning/career-pathing process and workforce planning
Develop progressive HR policies for the plant. Direct the administration
of Company policy for employees. Develop systems that assure the plant
complies with the law and with Goodyear policy, and that those systems
are administered effectively.
Plan, organize and negotiate the plant's Collective Bargaining Agreement
(or Associate Systems in non-union plants). Maintain productive working
relationship with the local union. Communicate and educate the plant
leadership around the successful application of the Agreement and
* 4-year degree; HR or related field. SPHR or PHR preferred
* Masters Degree preferred
* 10+ yrs HR experience; 5+ yrs HR Manager experience in a manufacturing environment (union and/or non-union experience required depending on location)
* Experienced in all aspects of human resources; employee relations, company- union labor relations, workforce planning, administering company policy, OSHA compliance, employment law, governmental reporting, community relations, as well as other HR duties
* Successful candidate must possess excellent interpersonal & managerial skills with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
* Must have the interpersonal skills and organizational savvy to effectively deal with all levels of the organization, from the factory floor to executive management
* Ability to facilitate teams at all level of the organization
* In depth knowledge of Employment law
* Strategic business partner. Display in-depth understanding of industry, business condition and local labor market. Direct staff's efforts toward developing and maintaining a high performance organization.
* Drive organizational capability through effective succession planning systems and workforce planning initiatives. Drive training and education systems in the plant.
* In union locations, negotiate the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Maintain positive working relationship with union leadership. In non- union locations develop and administer HR Policies that drive continuous improvement. Assure the effective administration of the Agreement and Goodyear policy.
* Lead efforts to attain world class status in all aspects of the Human Resource function by coaching/mentoring and developing the HR staff. Provide opportunities for the HR team to develop.
* Promote workplace safety by modeling safety work practices & taking leadership role in addressing workplace safety and health issues. Champion use of "leading" metrics and wellness in driving change to safety culture.
Business Line Human Resources
Location Field Office (NAT) - 0043
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Senior Account Director
Razorfish - United States of America
Associate Category Manager
Michaels - United States of America
Senior Brand Manager Sprite
The Coca-Cola Company - United States of America
Locate this job: