Manufacturing Process Modeling Engineer Job Listing at Goodyear in Akron, OH
Automotive / Transport, Chemicals
Manufacturing Process Modeling Engineer
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company is seeking qualified individuals to join the Simulation Technology Department at its Innovation Center in Akron, Ohio.
Bachelors degree in polymer engineering, mechanical engineering, or similar discipline; Masters/PhD degree strongly preferred
* Minimum 3 years of experience with solving technology/manufacturing related issues utilizing non-linear FEA modeling (preferably related to polymers or rubber products)
* Good communication skills (both oral and technical writing) and demonstrated leadership skills
* Ability to work in a team environment in a project matrix organization
* Knowledge of rubber rheological and mechanical properties; experience with experimental procedures and model validation preferred
* Knowledge of statistical and data mining methods (DoE, NN, SOM, Classification trees, etc.) preferred
* Knowledge of tire construction and tire manufacturing process preferred
* Assist in the development of new concepts. Lead implementation of new technology.
* Translates product needs to experimental data or design parameters.
* Contribute to manufacture of quality products and processes. Work with teams and product groups to bring technology to market.
* Develop and define project goals to meet specific business needs.
* Communicate written/verbal information or data to other associates.
* Model processes of rubber mixing, extrusion, heat transfer and rubber curing
* Through FEA simulations develop understanding and predict how tire manufacturing processes impact product performance
* Develop analytical solutions to simplified problems to provide insights and verify simulations results
* Collaborate with application engineers to validate developed models and processes
* Streamline developed modeling procedures, conduct parametric and/or optimization studies, and establish design and operating guidelines or recommendations
Business Line RDE&Q
Location OH, Akron
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Manufacturing jobs in Cleveland, OH
View similar jobs:
Machine Operator C (GM)
The ScottsMiracle-Gro Company - Akron, OH
Process Technician - 2nd Shift (Mon-Fri: 3p-11p)
Plastipak Packaging - Medina, OH
Manufacturing Engineer (Packaging Specialist)
Philips North America - Cleveland, OH
Locate this job: