Administrative Assistant Job Listing at Google in Mountain View, CA (Job ID googleus-40088)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
As an Administrative Assistant, you''ll keep your team''s business operations and activities organized and moving forward. You''re a self-starter who can recognize where processes can be improved and who will take the initiative to improve them. Using your strong communication skills, you''ll effectively collaborate with a variety of people and job functions, accomplishing tasks of moderate to high complexity and scope. You''re also able to analyze and anticipate the needs of your managers, team members and their projects, which means you''ll acquire a thorough knowledge of Google''s products and services. When circumstances demand, you''ll provide strategic support – such as evaluating data or resolving minor operational issues – with your manager''s guidance. Additionally, you''ll be interacting with high-level executives both inside and outside of Google, which means you have the ability to perform flawlessly and professionally in a fast-paced environment – along with the grace and willingness to change direction when circumstances demand. Multiple openings are available at different levels depending on your skills and experience, but regardless of your assignment, you''ll be expected to demonstrate strong business judgment, professional etiquette and organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Lastly, you will also act as gatekeeper for the Mountain View office and local teams. This includes managing office budgets and space planning, moderating office calendars and communication, creating and maintaining office policies and procedures, and acting as liaison for all local resources and requests. You will also champion office culture by leading organization of office events, and ensuring representation and resolution of the office’s objectives and concerns.
* Perform an array of administrative tasks (Manage calendars, book travel, and schedule facilities and equipment).
* Coordinate duties for multiple offices.
* Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help define new operational strategies.
* Mentor new team members.
* Serve as a technical lead for and manager of small projects.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 1 year direct executive support experience.
* Experience serving as a project lead from conception to completion.
* Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies. Interest and experience in using technology and the Internet to improve work efficiency.
* Comprehensive knowledge of process, project and program management theory and practices - and the ability to apply them when solving operational issues.
* Expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters.
* Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Office/Clerical jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
OfficeTeam - Redwood City, CA
Medical Biller for Leading Health Care CO.!
Accountemps - San Jose, CA
Senior Corporate Counsel (EMEA)
SugarCRM - Cupertino, CA
Locate this job: