Associate Data Center Facilities Manager Job Listing at Google in 49400 Hamina (Job ID googleus-29103)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical and HVAC systems in the world. Facilities Technicians on this team operate, monitor and support all facilities activity at Google's data centers. You take ownership of the operation and maintenance of water pumps and treatment systems, HVAC, UPS, generators, electrical distribution and control and monitoring Systems. You're at the forefront of best-in-class environmental practices. You bring the ideas of our Data Center Engineers to life and develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving efficiencies. You ensure that problems are identified and repaired quickly, that contractors deliver quality services and preventive maintenance, and that safety measures are being performed. In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you respond to data center performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures.
Through your leadership, you leverage your technical expertise to oversee the entire scheme of operations for a data center. Working with both Googlers and vendors, you assign activities and tasks as you plan and execute projects with other data center managers.
* Provide detailed technical input in the planning, design and development of all electrical and mechanical facilities equipment.
* Ensure that facilities problems are identified and repaired quickly.
* Mentor and develop the skills of an internal team to scale in support of facilities equipment.
* Work towards continual improvement in operational efficiencies, and travel to other regions to facilitate projects.
* Lead a team of skilled electrical and mechanical technicians.
* Mechanical or Electrical Engineering related degree
or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in management of vendors/contractors performing installation, maintenance or upgrade work in a data center or related environment.
* Significant experience as a Facilities Manager or Chief Engineer at a Data Center.
* Technical competence in electrical, mechanical and cooling principals (inc. feeders, transformers, generators, switchgear, UPS systems, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, chillers, air handling units, and CRAC units) including strong familiarity with EU safety regulations and controls.
* Previous experience in motivating, leading and creating an effective team environment.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Finnish.
* Valid EU work authorization.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Finland
View similar jobs:
Data Analyst \ Scientist
Electronic Arts - Helsinki, Finland
Wella Sales Representative, 2014 (m/f), Finland
Procter & Gamble - Finland
SCA GO! -harjoitteluohjelma
SCA - Nokia, Finland
Locate this job: